cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers eSIM info not switching to new eSIM

Phillago
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Switched to PM two days ago porting my number from rogers. My Rogers eSIM is still in my phone and has my number listed and my PM eSIM number is blank. I can’t add my number to PM sim, can’t delete my rogers eSIM. I can make phone calls but Can’t get text SMS messages, iMessages are fine. Tried resetting, turning phone off and on, iMessages and sms off and on. Nothing seems to work. Starting to regret the switch! @CS_Agent 

6 REPLIES 6

Phillago

Happy to report that @CS_Agent was able to assist me and get my service running properly. A bit of a headache getting set up but pleased with the outcome.

Ekop10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can visit ESIMNO to get detailed information about eSIM and mobile data plans.

Phillago

As described in original post it is more than just sms issue. Thanks anyway

Phillago

Thanks for the suggestions. Did as suggested re disable rogers eSim and reboot + reset network but did not work. Hope Pm can help. Both my wife and I have the same problem. Not a good first impression. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Phillago 

can you make voice calls and does data work on your PM sim card?

if only SMS an issue, it is a PM system problem with new activation.   Voice, data both work but just SMS is the problem.  And with the SMS problem, it will affect account verification.   PM is aware of the problem and can only fix the issue one account at a time.   

Please submit a ticket with CS Agent  by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Phillago 

there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable  the Rogers eSIM. 
 disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.