cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points

RichardKCLing
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got the announcement about the merits of Public Points but no instructions on how to subscribe to public points.  Is the option to do so after the launch and not now? @Mod 

28 REPLIES 28

@JPR wrote:

On the old system I get $2.00 per month rebate. On the new points system I would get $0.75 per month. 

Gee. I think I'm gonna have to think about that one for a while.🤔

To be honest, I doubt even PM expect many of us will move over to the new system.  The new system is more for new customers for PM to cut the loss

JPR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On the old system I get $2.00 per month rebate. On the new points system I would get $0.75 per month. 

Gee. I think I'm gonna have to think about that one for a while.🤔

RichardKCLing

Thank you all for your response.  I have decided to stay in the old system.  I am not as active as all of you to earn points so it's better that way.  I will stop responding to this string now. 🙂 THank you all for your help.

Dgraziani

thanks, I really like the older system. but i understand that at the end of the day it is a company and they've got to increase their top line growth. 

@Dgraziani   Assuming you choose to stay on the old system, YES, you still get $1 /month 

for those who chose to go to the new system, they get 1 Point/month, which is also $1.  HOWEVER, on the new system, they don't automatically convert point to $.  You can only convert to $ when it reach 15 points.  So, that means those on the new system, get the points, have to wait to consume the points

Dgraziani

Oh ok, i was not sure if we had a choice. 

so now that leads me to the next question, if I refer another friend do i get the 1$ per month or 1 point or none. 

I would guess that current members are grandfathered

@Dgraziani   Here is a bit more information of the Public Points

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

of you can post your questions if there is any specific things you want o know about the new reward system

Overall, most existing customers will have more benefit to stay on the old system.   But new customers now have no choice but to join the new point system

Dgraziani

I had also gotten the email. I do not think it quite as beneficial for us  as the previous rewarding system as well. But the details are somewhat not present

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like it's been rolled out now and it sucks compared to the original rewards system. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.  We’ve been alerted that an email was accidentally deployed to some customers in error. If you received an email confirming that you’ve joined our new Rewards program Public Points, please disregard it. 

We can confirm that joining Public Points is completely optional for all existing customers, and you have not been switched over to Public Points automatically. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Public Mobile Team. 🙂

Lostinworld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

More confusion than ever.. today received second email, almost stating the same things on top of apologizing how yesterday's email wasn't clear enough for how to sign in to PUBLIC POINTS.

The plot thickens.........😁🤔

@RichardKCLing wrote:

Not from what I read.  You get to have both

@RichardKCLing, existing customers will have to choose which rewards program they want to be on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is no way that current users should switch to the new Points system. History and experience for me with reward/loyalty/points systems has always shown me that whenever a company revamps their rewards program it is NEVER made better for the consumer. Starbucks used to have a Star system that was simple. Buy 10 drinks, get a free food or drink item on your 11th visit. Now, Starbucks makes you spend a certain dollar amount (way more than you used to have to spend) to claim for a maximum of a venti coffee. Haven't been to Starbucks since they changed that system.

@RichardKCLing wrote:

Sorry, but this isn't correct. While the new program hasn't launced, existing customers must opt in to the new points program.  You most definitely won't receive the benefits of both. You'll only get what the pogram that you choose offers.  The new points program won't be in addition to the current rewards system, but rather instead of it.

RichardKCLing

@Lostinworld wrote:

I'd hope the points would not wipe out the already earned rewards we have,, I am sure the details will follow....

You have to decide which program is better for you. You won't be able to receive the benefits of both programs.

Lostinworld

I'd hope the points would not wipe out the already earned rewards we have,, I am sure the details will follow....

Lostinworld

To me, it looks like the only difference is you will be able to designate the use of points as you like opposed to rewards had been just sitting in your account for use at later payment time (Present times)...

@Yummy this will be rolled out PM isn't seeking opinions

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

This is just 'what we plan to do'. No actual details nor ability to 'subscribe' yet.

Maybe PM is just gathering yea and nea for this new point system and if enough negative feedback they might scrap it off.

Or they put it in the wind for feedback from us to point out what they have missed for it to have a solid base before it’s rolled out. 

RichardKCLing

thx

RichardKCLing

thanks

RichardKCLing

Thank youi

softech
Oracle
Oracle

You are very positive about  Public Points.

No, no one has any details with the plan yet and the plan is not officially launched yet.  In fact, they didn't even tell us when it will actually come.  The Announcement was merely to tell us it is coming   🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RichardKCLing 

Need to wait after launch of the new program. Then you can get the final details and make the decision if you want to switch to new program.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RichardKCLing 

Yes, the program hasn't even launched yet, so there's no way to opt in to it. PM is just creating hype (or "buzz") around it at the moment.

Need Help? Let's chat.