cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port possibly failed? Help

V_Hazy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just tried to port my number From Freedom Mobile over to Public Mobile.

• I literally copied/pasted my info from my latest invoice to avoid any typos.
  • About 1 or 2 minutes after submitting the info on PM's side, I actually got the text from Freedom asking to authorize the port. I replied YES.
  • About a minute later (maybe even less), I then get a message from Public. that says:

Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect account number. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

It's been a few hours now. Still have my Freedom account active. Not sure what happened here. Everything looked to be going well, including getting the message from Freedom asking to authorize the port.

Is there any way to try to port again? 

5 REPLIES 5

W1N570N
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you please send this to me? I'm having the same problem

@V_Hazy  with the high volume of portings this weekend, it could be an error on either side, Freedom or PM.  Please call the team and confirm what was the error then.  

V_Hazy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used my account number, copied/pasted directly from my last invoice. I did not use an IMEI number as I am a BYOD account holder on Freedom.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@V_Hazy   Check your community inbox in a few minutes, I will send a phone number to you by private message.  The number is for porting problems only so not to be posted in the public forum.

Edit - I won't send it since @softech  sent it while I was typing the above

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@V_Hazy 

did you provided PM the IMEI instead o Freedom's account number??  Please update them with the account number instead

There is a number to call to talk to live suppoet and update the missing info.  They can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.