cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final step in activating sim card on app not possible.

AhmadH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a new sim card for my wife and the final step after paying for a plan is to activate the sim through the app. but when trying to log into the app it says a security code was sent to a number *******193 which is not a number I know or even remember them asking me for. I cannot access her account without this code but idk how to change where the code is being sent. Please help me, I have no idea where this number came from

2 REPLIES 2

AhmadH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when im trying to log into the app i hit resend code then it gave me the option of text or voice note. I kept hitting resend code for some reason and now it shows me the phone number highlighted in red and underneath a password box on the login screen which doesnt work. i dont even regonize this number lol. i have no idea whats happening with this.. might just make another account entirely.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @AhmadH 

Click on Resend Code but choose the Email option.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715384417193.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1715384417183.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Need Help? Let's chat.