cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from PM to Another Carrier

iamoasis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm looking to port my current number from PM to Speakout. However, I do not want to get rid of my PM account. I'm just hoping to change it and have my old PM number ported to Speakout as my secondary phone.

Can you please advise what I should do first. I don't want to cancel my PM account. I just want to make sure my current # is ported to Speakout.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@iamoasis wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking to port my current number from PM to Speakout. However, I do not want to get rid of my PM account. I'm just hoping to change it and have my old PM number ported to Speakout as my secondary phone.

Can you please advise what I should do first. I don't want to cancel my PM account. I just want to make sure my current # is ported to Speakout.

Thanks!

Porting phone number from one provider to another means the account with previously provider will be closed after successfully porting. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

The moment you transfer your number to another provider your account is deleted and all rewards, add-ons, etc. are lost.

iamoasis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone for your replies. That was quick!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @iamoasis   sorry, you cannot.

account will be closed after the number is ported.  There is no way to keep the account open and port away the number

if you need the account ,  i think for rewards purpose, you will have to take a new number with Speakout

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@iamoasis  - you'll have to create a new number with Speakout to keep your Public Mobile account.

If you port your number from Public to another provider, it automatically closes your account with Public Mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There is no way to port your number from Public Mobile to another provider and retain the initial account with public mobile.

Sorry. 😕

Need Help? Let's chat.