cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

Saturneugenic13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My activation is locked I recently got my phone to unlock by bell over the air this is what it says

it says this "SIM not supported. The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

4 REPLIES 4

@computergeek541   You are right of course, here's the info from Apple, it says it might take a few days. The only time I had to do this was with an Android so different procedure.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/109316 

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Saturneugenic13   On your phone go to Settings - General - About and scroll down to Carrier Lock and, as @computergeek541 says, it will probably show that it is still locked, otherwise it will say "no SIM restrictions".  Bell should be able to give you an unlock code over the phone.

There's no such thing as an unlock code for an iPhone.  Bell needs to submit a request on behalf of the customer to Apple to have the device unlocked. The database of unlocked devices is maintained by Apple.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Saturneugenic13   On your phone go to Settings - General - About and scroll down to Carrier Lock and, as @computergeek541 says, it will probably show that it is still locked, otherwise it will say "no SIM restrictions".  Bell should be able to give you an unlock code over the phone.

@Saturneugenic13 wrote:

My activation is locked I recently got my phone to unlock by bell over the air this is what it says

it says this "SIM not supported. The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

Your phone is locked to another carrier.  Only the previous carrier can unlock your device and unfortunately, in its current form your phone cannot be used at Public Mobile. Bell never actually had your phone unlocked.  Please contact Bell again.

Need Help? Let's chat.