cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G Canada-US plans

OntarioGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am about to subscribe to one of the new PM 5G Canada-US plans. I was wondering if PM is available in Ontario and also confirm that Canada-US means no roaming fees in the US. I am asking as my wife won't believe me when I tell her that. And what's the 90 day subscription period mentioned in the fine print? it says the data allotment is available for the 90 day subscription period. Does it mean if I get a 100G plan that 100G is the total amount of data available for 90 days and will renew on the next 90 days period?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@OntarioGuy   I was wondering if PM is available in Ontario

Yes, works fine for me in Ontario

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The $34/month plan doesn’t offer a 90 day subscription.

Canada-US means that while in USA as long as your roaming is on you will not get charged any extra fees and will have service. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@OntarioGuy 

also...there's no roaming fees associated when you have that plan. As a matter of fact there's NEVER any roaming fees when you have a PM account..PM is a prepaid service which means if you don't prepay for something...you don't have it. 

@OntarioGuy wrote:

@hTideGnow That's what I thought, it's just mentioned in the fine print of the plan I chose.

HI @OntarioGuy 

the fine print is actually a one template for all plans, a bit confusing

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@OntarioGuy 

PM is avialable in all provinces and works grreat using Telus / Bell infrastructure. There are no 90 day Cdn/US plans right now.  For use in US, make sure you have a volte enabled cell, otherwise your phone will need to be able to use 2G for calling. US has no longer supported 3G for calling. Make sure to enable Roaming Data in settings...just leave it on.

sp

OntarioGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@hTideGnow That's what I thought, it's just mentioned in the fine print of the plan I chose.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @OntarioGuy 

yes, many carriers offering Canada-US plan these days, so it is not now unbelievable.  And yes, no roaming fees anymore if you subscribe that

and not all plans have 90 days option, I don't think any of the Canada-US plan has it.  They are already a bargain with the 30 days price

Need Help? Let's chat.