cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS (Sending Pictures via Text) Stopped Working

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community,

I am on the $15 plan, and for some reason, I am no longer able to send nor receive pictures via text anymore. It used to work perfectly fine without issue. I am on iOS and have my cellular data on. Is there something going on here?

I also know someone else on the $15 plan that is having this issue. Is this only happening with the $15 plan or is it something else that's causing this to not work?

If someone who has the $15 plan try, that would be great. Also, if you have a different plan using 4G or 5G please give MMS a try and send a picture to someone and see if it works as well!

Much appreciate for the help in advance everyone!

9 REPLIES 9

CrackerJacc

I know on Android the APN name is case sensitive!  Make sure the APN name is all caps like below.

Yes, thank you! This has to do with it. 🙂

I will just switch to a new model soon. I did not know that they had MMS changes in place.

Regular SMS messages send and deliver properly, just not sending texts with pictures in it via MMS.

I don't even have iMessage toggled on at all. I don't use it these days.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Avatar   Is it only MMS, or does SMS not work either?   Can you check Send and Receive in the iMessage settings and make sure your phone number is checked for both?

Hi, thanks for responding! I'm not looking to use iMessage. Rather, I mean real text that attached a picture to be sent to a contact.

Much of the details were explained to another user above. Are you able to send pictures over to someone with actual text (green bubble)?

Thank you!

Hi, thanks for responding! I'm not looking to use iMessage. Rather, I mean real text that attached a picture to be sent to a contact. I'd much rather use messaging services like iMessage and others, but these contacts of mine are not tech savvy and use these things. Which is why they choose to use MMS to send photos over.

Were you able to do this over actual text (green bubble)?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Avatar 

One of my $15 plan was able to send picture message right now.  

Might want to update your IOS on your phone.  Do you still have data availalbe on the $15 plan.  iMessage requires either data or wifi connection.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Avatar 

you can send iMessage no problem?

check the iMessage Settings

From a Home screen, navigate: Settings , Messages

Tap from the following Messages settings to turn on Switch On or off Switch Off:
Tap the iMessages switch to turn on

Tap the Send as SMS switch to turn on 

Tap the MMS Messaging switch to turn on 

Tap the Group Messaging switch to turn on 

Need Help? Let's chat.