Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont have 5G, although I subcribed 5G plan

NghiQuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

87009E20-0B45-47D8-9D34-C269A36B5CE3.png

Hi everyone

I Subcribed 5G plan 34$ for 50gb, My phone is Iphone 14 pro max, I dont understand why my esim dont get 5G.  In my setting-> Cellular->Voice&Data I only see 3G and LTE. I tried to delete esim and active new esim but samething. Before I use Public Mobile, I have plan with Telus and I had 5G on my phone

Update by Softech: removed screenshot for privacy

17 REPLIES 17

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rastin - Yes, the phone number is unnecessary for us to see and for spam callers claiming that they work at Public Mobile. @NghiQuan click the upside down " ^ " and click "Edit Post" and remove that image.

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should remove the image with your phone number on it this is a public forum anyone can see it

fixin1

@NghiQuan - You may be able to update to 16.7 with little to no slowdowns.\

EDIT: You cannot update to 16.7 anymore unless you are on iPhone 8 / X. The only signed IPA's are 17.4.1 now. And you will keep your phone's apps running good.

HI @NghiQuan 

you have an iPhone 14 , new enough that you might actually see speed improvement out of it

and a lot of the time, it is the app that slowing the overall phone and not the OS.  So, no worries, go ahead and update it

NghiQuan

I believe new ios will make Iphone slowly

hi @NghiQuan 

what is the issue with iOS update?  it is always better to have the latest one for new features, and more importanlty, security fixes

NghiQuan

so How I can update the Carrier profile. I will try this first if i still dont get 5G I will update my IOS. I really dont want update my IOS.

HI @NghiQuan 

you really need the latest iOS to see the 5G option.  Telus has 5G before Public Mobile, so the older iOS might be the reason

But you can first update the Carrier profile and see if it works.  If not, you need iOS update

@NghiQuan wrote:

I Subcribed 5G plan 34$ for 50gb, My phone is Iphone 14 pro max, I dont understand why my esim dont get 5G.  In my setting-> Cellular->Voice&Data I only see 3G and LTE. I tried to delete esim and active new esim but samething. Before I use Public Mobile, I have plan with Telus and I had 5G on my phone

This is unrelated to your specific plan.  All Public Mobile plans give access to the 5G network.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NghiQuan  Your IOS should be updated to 17.4.1 

NghiQuan

Can I update Carrier without update IOS, i dont want update IOS. Because I had 5G with Telus before

@NghiQuan don't stay with older iOS.  An iOS upgrade would trigger the carrier profile update as well and will unhide the 5G option

NghiQuan

How I can update Carrier profile? My IOS is 16.1, I believe IOS 16.1 is good enough for 5G. I had 5G before with Telus

fixin1

@NghiQuan - Update your phone in Settings > General > Software Update and update it to 17.4.1

EDIT: iOS 16.5 is the minimum requirement for 5G here since that was around the date that it was released. Also you can only get 17.4.1 and it is working good on a Telus bring it back 14PM if the "Slowdowns by Apple" are worrying you/

NghiQuan

My current IOS version is 16.1, Carrier 52.0. So how i can update Carrier 58.0

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @NghiQuan 

first, even with LTE connected, your download speed will be around 250M, which is the speed promised on the 5G plans

is your iOS up to date?  Also, update the Carrier profile as well

if you still don't see the 5G option, check with PM support as well, they will be able to reprovisioned your account to unhide the 5G option:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

fixin1

@NghiQuan - So a 14 series. Should work.

Please update to the latest software and make sure in Settings > General > About that the SIM version says this: Public Mobile 58.0 as that is the latest update. If it is below that number please update your phone in Software Update.

Also LTE is as fast as 5G.

If you are on 16.5 you may get 5G toggle here but 16.6 and newer is definitely.

Need Help? Let's chat.