cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fee calls to Ukraine? There is WAR there!!!!!

Ukrop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

Why doesn't  Public Mobile have free calls to Ukraine?!?!?!?!? Big three announced free calls... And PM is part of Telus, right?

Please, enable free calls - we have moms thereQ!

20 REPLIES 20

Ukrop

Actually yes... Now I remember setting it up long time ago in Florida... Will try with new account but you might be right...

@Ukrop  you have a Google voice setup in US?

Normal Google Voice setup in Canada is only App to App calling, isn't it?

Ukrop

UPDATE:

I found even better option - Google Voice doesn't charge for call to Ukraine. Free and easy!

Glory to Ukraine!

@Ukrop wrote:

Like I said couple times - PM is owned by Telus so I assumed... Now I know.

Like I said, PM does not even offer calling to Ukraine even you are willing to pay.   I don't even want to be go into contract with the provider there, assuming PM can piggy back on Telus',  PM would have to setting everything just to offer free calls to Ukraine.   Chance is slim

You have been upset with PM for not offering that, but not one Tier 3 provider offers this, so, there are are works need to be done and it is more work than you thought

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ukrop 

The difference between services between a first tier provider and a third tier provider has nothing to do with any negotiated contracts they may have....telus and koodo postpaid have voLTE calling....pm does not just because a parent company has the ability to provide a service does not mean they enable for those who do not pay first tier prices.

BTW....telus does not even offer a discounted calling plan/add on to the Ukraine for even its first tier customers only a per minute long distance calling charge of $2.50/min.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Ukrop

Like I said couple times - PM is owned by Telus so I assumed... Now I know.

Ukrop

That what I was looking for!!!! I do have account with them, just didn't "click" to check 😞

Thanks man!!!!!

Ukrop

I thought if PM is owned by Telus then I should use the same contracts...

Thanks

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ukrop 

Unfortunately pm does not have a negotiated contract with any provider within the Ukraine for long distancing calling so it would impossible for them to offer free calling when there us no current ability to call the Ukraine currently. With this terrible aggressive war by Pudding's hand the ability to negotiate a contract is also impossible. Use one of the many great suggestions already offered to you by fellow members.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Here you go. Just received minutes ago. $15 USD will set you up. Get a referral code and get another $10 credit. Set up a sub account with your PM number as the caller ID. Put the Zoiper App on your phone (and also set up your caller ID as your PM number), authorize your voip.ms account to make calls to Ukraine, log on to wifi or data.....make your free calls. If you are ok with using wifi or data for LD calls......no need for an add on.  And no need to buy a DID number. Need help?....PM me.  Your account balance will not expire until used up...and no monthly fee. 

622E9D83-8D93-45CC-BD64-7F9971233A97.jpeg

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

That would be a nice gesture wouldn’t it? If PM had LD service to the Ukraine, what makes it a free responsibility when there is a situation there or anywhere else?  And who says that hitting cell towers and phone exchanges would not be some of the first targets along with gas storage tanks etc? So it might be pointless if it was offered. Calls to Ukraine run at 15-20 cents a minute and I doubt if you were paying a for a premium fist tier plan....there would not be an offer either. Do I sympathize with the situation.....absolutely....YES! If I was younger I would travel there and help with the cause.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ukrop   This is the full list of providers offering free calls to Ukraine, none of the Tier 3 offering this.

https://www.itworldcanada.com/article/canadian-telcos-waive-long-distance-connection-fees-to-ukraine...

Good news is if you have Home phone with Bell/Rogers/Xplornet, you would be able to call for free too

Even you don't, check with friends who are on these providers and call from your friends' phone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darkomega : Oh. Thanks. I just saw the headline and had known about it before so assumed it was still on seeing that headline. My apologies to @Ukrop .

🇺🇦

@Ukrop wrote:

Don't mislead people. TextNow is not free to call phones in Ukraine. My mom is 80 years old and she doesn't use smartphone.

HI@Ukrop   TextNow is free to use and free to call Ukraine.  The receiving end just need to be regular phone. Try it first and you will know.

While it is a good gesture to offer free calls to Ukraine from the Big 3, but no need to upset at PM because PM not follows

Sorry, missed that TextNow done free calls to Ukraine.. sorry

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ukrop : The other end doesn't need an app.

https://blog.textnow.com/blog/2022/02/26/textnow-makes-calling-ukraine-free/

"UPDATE:  Since Friday, we were able to provide more than 60,000 free calls to our customers to connect with loved ones in Ukraine. Our limited time free calling offer has now ended; however, as part of our continued commitment to helping support during this difficult time, calling to Ukraine will be offered at a discounted rate until March 31, 2022."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ukrop

Oh, I didn't know PM is so crippled... 😞

Ukrop

Don't mislead people. TextNow is not free to call phones in Ukraine. My mom is 80 years old and she doesn't use smartphone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ukrop : Download TextNow, while on wifi - call Ukraine.

🇺🇦

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ukrop   One reason is that PM system is not even setup to call Ukraine, even you are willing to pay 

The long distance calling add-ons only included selected countries and Ukraine is not one of them

Need Help? Let's chat.