cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not activate cellular network

Toshiki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried everything resetting the network connection, airplane mode, on and off, the one thing I cannot try is the APS changes as it only displays personal hotspot in the cellular data network tab. 

Recently came back to Canada and changed my plan to the 4G 20GB plan

Iphone 13 pro IOS up to date

18 REPLIES 18

88Daniel88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This worked - iPhone14 thanks!

@Toshiki 

you checked the Carrier Profile showing Public Mobile and updated?

And what is showing on the APN screen?

you might have no choice but to try Reset Phone

Toshiki

Ive just confirmed with another phone. My SIM card indeed works and also the service/data. So something is wrong with my phone that is preventing just the data to not work.

@Toshiki 

And if you used eSIM in Japan, check the SIM manager screen and make sure the PM sim is now the Active one

if nothing work, check your sim in another phone and if confirm the PM sim card is functioning, then you will need to Reset your iPhone.  If you are going with that option, backup your stuff to iCloud first.  Once Reset, DO NOT try to restore anything yet, use the phone and make sure it works before you restore from iCloud just in case the backup mess up the network settings again

[sim ok, ergo the phone ........ Luddite ]

Toshiki

I've gotten rid of all the VPN profiles and reset my network settings multiple times.

@Toshiki 

if you used your phone in Japan, then it could be VPN profile.  Delete any VPN profile you see

1. At Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. And then General.
  3. Tap VPN.
  4. You'll find VPN name > tap i sign behind preferred VPN (if there's no VPN name, skip to no. ...
  5. Tap Delete VPN.

And then try Reset Network Settings again

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Toshiki

yes I have checked the status, and i have set my plan to the cheapest an automatically paid while I was away in Japan. 

@Toshiki 

PM recently changed the terminology from Active to Subscribe so your account is active.

Here are further information to check the APN on your iPhone.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone?&&&&gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAj... 

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Toshiki , This info. is from Apple Support:

"Where is SIM settings in iPhone 13?

Go to Settings > Cellular, then make sure you have at least two lines (below SIMs). To add a line, see Set up cellular service on iPhone. Turn on two lines—tap a line, then tap Turn On this Line."

Is your iPhone model a dual SIM model? If so, do you see your SIM from Japan turned on and Public Mobile turned off? If so, tap "turn on this line" for the Public Mobile SIM. If it's a single SIM and the Public Mobile SIM is inserted, check to see if "turn on this line" is toggled on. 

Hope this helps.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes I'd recommend trying to see if the e-SIM works in the meantime. Follow my guide to set up e-SIM on your Existing Account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Buy-e-SIM-Guide/td-p/1033580

Toshiki

Yes it is. I might put one in just for the meantime because Ill be needing the data.

Priority

Weird, you might have to contact the Customer Support Agent and ask them to reset/reconfigure your Account from the backend. It occasionally needs that to kick into effect. 

@Toshiki is your Device e-SIM Compatible?

Toshiki

Yes I have made sure and they match.

Priority

Yes that would indicate that the Account is Active. Have you checked in the 'Profile' Settings to make sure the SIM Card Number matches the back of the SIM Card you are inserting into your device?

Toshiki

Toshiki_0-1693107655660.pngToshiki_1-1693107668043.png

I do not see an "Active" in my account overview and subscription tab but these give me the impression that my service should be active.

Priority

You are still able to sign into your My Account and it says your services are 'Active' correct?

Toshiki

Using a physical SIM card. Was in Japan for 4 months, and had a SIM card from Japan in my phone. Came back and inserted my public mobile SIM card and stopped connecting to the cellular network

Priority

Are you using e-SIM or a Physical SIM Card?

Need Help? Let's chat.