cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

points replacing rewards

Whiner23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried to look for information but do not understand how the public points work. I had looked before but saw no advantage to the public points system.

How will I gain points as I will not be able to refer any more friends as they will no longer get a reward system?

Will I lose the rewards of a 9 dollar deduction monthly? This is why I was staying with PM.

6 REPLIES 6

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hairbag1 

There are differences between optimism, exaggeration, advertising, and stubborn refusal to accept or promote truth.

Or at least there used to be. I wonder if we've actually gotten to the point where Telus's own marketing people have deluded themselves into believing their own fictions.

@Korth_ 

gaslighting ?...they been doing that for several years now...

future.png

Korth_

@Whiner23 

$9 Rewards each month is (roughly) equivalent to the 9 Points per month you'd get by spending $180 each month.

Yes, the old Rewards are better than the new Points in every measure across the board. It doesn't matter how you do the math, if you're a subscriber who gets Rewards at this point in time then your Rewards will always always come out ahead. Money in your pocket vs money in Public Mobile's pockets. (Welcome to Telus where the Future is Friendly.)

You are confused - as so many are - because of Public Mobile's deceptive anti-consumer marketing and gaslighting. They always smile and decorate while they're proudly describing their exciting and wonderful Points. It's the same sorts of greasy greedy lies you'd get from politicians, lawyers, salesmen, swindlers, and charlatans.

You might dismiss my tinfoil hat conspiracy ranting as nonsense. But before you do, I challenge you to simply look up how Points work and what Points are worth then decide for yourself how they compare against the flat $9 Rewards discount you were already getting each month.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/775647

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/rewards

Don't bank on your referrals sticking around for long. They'll start leaving shortly after their own Rewards are lost and the costs of their own phone bills suddenly increase just like your own will suddenly increase.

fixin

@Whiner23 - You will lose the $9 deduction monthly.

You will get a 5% points back on purchases on PM.

Anniversary date is that you only get 10 points annually.

Also some people who signed up on PM in March / April / May 2023 got that $40 15GB with bonus points, though that is irrelevant.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Whiner23 

here's a bit of reading that might help. Come back here if you have more questions...but...yea, points suck compared to old Rewards.

added link...https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

and....https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/redeeming-public-points

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Whiner23 

you won't be losing all $9, you will only loss some depends on how many friends referrals are there in the $9 

PM is retiring the old reward system, and everyone will be migrated on the new Public Points system.  With the new points system, the points will be added to your account every month and the discount will be be applied monthly

Basically the loyalty rewards (maybe $1 to $5 depends on your account) and autopay rewards ($2) will be gone.  You will instead be paying full plan price first and earn points for bill credit.     You will earn 5% back in point of the amount you pay ( you will pay in full first and earn  points), as well as the referral rewards will be pay in point.  Every year on your anniversary, you will earn another 10 points.  Whenever you accumulated 15 points, you can redeem for $15 bill credit and will be used towards the next renewal

Need Help? Let's chat.