cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls go to voice mail, can not make outgoing call

damenace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I set up an account on my friend's iPhone 7S two days ago   She couldn't make outgoing call and incoming calls go straight to the voice mail.  It has a brand new number.  Airport Mode and DND are off.

9 REPLIES 9

GMac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Incoming calls were going to Voice Mail on my new phone and new account, but I removed the SIM Card and put it back. That solved the problem for me. I hope it works for you.

@softech wrote:

we have quiet some SIM provision issue this week.. whats wrong?

Quite, maybe? 😎

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@damenace wrote:

Hi, I set up an account on my friend's iPhone 7S two days ago   She couldn't make outgoing call and incoming calls go straight to the voice mail.  It has a brand new number.  Airport Mode and DND are off.

So she did Not port her number?

If you get no network connection or when you check mobile networks in your settings and nothing is showing up then your sim card may not have provisioned upon activation. Do you have access to your self serve account?

we have quiet some SIM provision issue this week.. whats wrong?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@damenace 

What does the voicemail message say? Anyways it sounds like the sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Put that in the subject title when you contact customer support.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You may need Agent assistance.  I presume texting works fine.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@damenace 

Did you try rebooting the phone? 
Just power off the phone then power on the phone by holding down the power button on the right side then slide to power off.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@damenace   did you try to put the SIM in another phone?  Do you get the same result?

Can she even access Mobile data?  

What is showing on the phone status?  SIM not provisioned? No Network? No SIM? 

It sounds like there is a SIM provisioning issue.  Open a ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm. It would be an easy fix for them.

To open ticket with PM:

Now, you need to contact the Customer Support Agent to sort the situations

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @damenace 

reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

try manually selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and Rebooting device..test it.

Need Help? Let's chat.