Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,600 REPLIES 5,600

@hkjhkj wrote:

you don't need to tell me what I already know. shiller who has nothing better to do.

hi @hkjhkj 

I am surprised with your comment.  I am not sure I know what you know.  🙂

@hkjhkj wrote:

So jealous of folks like you. I am getting locked up because I don't want to waste my current balance.

With the dramatic increase in monthly bills, poor CS (they don't respond to some of my tickets even, or keep asking me to verify, verify, verify even for generic questions that are not sensitive at all), and poor service (I am very frustrated by choppy calls; even worse, others are constantly experiencing dropped calls ), I am sooooo ready to get out of here. 

hi @hkjhkj best here is no contract, you are no tie to it but can move away anytime 

and if you happen to have the $25 plan, the new one is much better value 

hi @RevCo17 PM noe has a $25 plan for 20GB (90 days contract) , 4G speed, much better deal 

RevCo17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well my 5 year anniversary is just about to happen right before May change over to the useless point system. Decided to talk to a local Mobile shop in a Presidential Choice store, will be porting in the next month to a 20$ plan which is basically the same as my current 25$ unlimited txt/voice with 1GB but instead of 3G to be on 4G. Rather give my money to a different company the PM.

PS PC Mobile runs on bell towers here in Sudbury so may as well go with that! So long and thanks for all the fish! 

capybara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After many years with PM, I bid farewell as I ported my number out. 

I hope PM/Telus will realize there is consequences to their greed, but we all know corporations thicker ego skin on their faces than customers. They certainly won't sleep any worse than us.  😉

Over the years, I've become completely emotionless and careless of corporations pleads when they have slightly bad quarter results. 

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't see any pictures but i understand what you're saying.  Im ok with my current plan.  👍🏻

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@EdN wrote:

You would have to contact Public Mobile first and bring this up to them and if they refuse you then you can send a complaint to CCTS 

@EdN They allowed me to change plans when they made the same mistake a few months ago. Rather than look for reasons why this won't work, contact CS with the picture I posted and ask for the plan saying it clearly does not say for new activations only.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@EdN wrote:

Go to subscription > change subscription and the $21 3gb plan is not listed 

@EdN I'll try this one more time. Do not go in the app to change subscription. Send them (customer service) a message with the picture below asking to be put on the plan as it clearly does not state "for new activations only"

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.51.37 AM.png

EdN

You would have to contact Public Mobile first and bring this up to them and if they refuse you then you can send a complaint to CCTS 

EdN

Go to subscription > change subscription and the $21 3gb plan is not listed 

EdN

Yes, i did that (contact CS) for the $24 4gb 4G plan and was successful but I was moving up from the $15 plan and it is highly YMMV 

If anyone's thinking about asking for the $21 3gb plan, when you contact customer service provide them with your phone number, your name,  email address and your PIN

I'm not clear on how that would affect the 150 expiry day bonus so best to ask before you go ahead with that if it matters to you at all

@Bottomshelf    I would think anyone on the two now obsolete plans ($10/13 and $15 with 250MB) will stay (be grandfathered) on those plans, though there are no longer reasonable assumptions that this can't change considering PM's recent changes/upheaval/direction.  adding: any add-ons (data/mins/bought/gifted) should stay intact for now.

For anyone thinking the new $15 plan with unlimited call/text only, might be better of with PM's parent company's prepaid annual plan at $100 that includes 400 local mins and 400 texts but also currently includes a bonus of unlimited nationwide calling/texting offer for two years.  So much cheaper overall (for those willing to pay upfront) than PM's new $15 plan. 

Until a couple of weeks ago, Telus was offering bonus of 500 nationwide mins+1GB data every 30 days on this plan and I was seriously considering switching one line to it but wanted to wait until the conversion to points was implemented but that bonus offer has now been replaced instead with unlimited mins/text which is less useful to us.  Oh well, now that line will eventually go to FM's $119 annual plan instead.

@MintBerry wrote:

If this is correct and PM is forcing the data removal change to $15 plans, we may have another reason to file CCTS complaints.  

@MintBerry Before you get your back up why not ask CS? Send them a message asking this.

MintBerry

If this is correct and PM is forcing the data removal change to $15 plans, we may have another reason to file CCTS complaints.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@EdN wrote:

You wrote:

QUESTION: RE: $21 90 day plan.

The 3 gb data for the 90 days and not 3gb per 30 days?

If you sign up for the 90 day plan you will be charged $57 (3 x $19) and will be given 9gb (3 x 3gb) of data to use over 90 days

NOTE:  THIS PLAN IS NOT AVAILABLE TO EXISTING PUBLIC MOBILE CUSTOMERS

@EdN Click through on the plan and it takes you to a page that does not say for new activations only. Screenshot that page and send to CS asking for the plan. It worked for me a few months ago when the same thing happened on a different plan.

@Bottomshelf wrote:

Thanks.

@Bottomshelf The plan is $21 for 30 days or $19 for 30 days if you pay for a 90 day subscription. That means 9GB of datas per 90 day cycle.

hi @Bottomshelf if you have the old $15 plan, you are now forced to change to the new one.  And the new $15 plan has unlimited calling

But the big win is for the  $25 plan holder.  Change to $29 90 days plan , pay the discounted price of $25 and get way more data 

@jhhead wrote:

I feel they should open up these new plans to all users. These are now competitive again and I'd like the option to get on the $19 plan for 3GB 4G data!!!

@jhhead As I stated three times in this thread, click on the $21 plan. It doesn't say for new activations only if you do that. Screenshot the page and include to CS when you ask for that plan. I did it a few months ago when they did the same thing on a different plan.

EdN

You wrote:

If you sign up for the 90 day plan you will be charged $57 (3 x $19) and will be given 9gb (3 x 3gb) of data to use over 90 days

NOTE:  THIS PLAN IS NOT AVAILABLE TO EXISTING PUBLIC MOBILE CUSTOMERS

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @kb_mv 

actually, the $21 (or $19) is still saying for new activations only

I checked my own My Account, I don't see that plan, too.  But $15 unlimited voice and $29 (or $25 for 90 days) is available for me

@hTideGnow As I stated before, if you click through on that plan you will not see mention of "for new activations only". If someone wants that plan grab the screenshot and make a case with PM CS. It worked for me.

Bottomshelf

Unless I read incorrectly, PM has eliminated the 250mb data for the $15 plan?

Bottomshelf

Unfortunately, none of these new plans are beneficial for the current (legacy rewards) $15 subscribers!

Bottomshelf

I'm on the $15 plan with full $7 off each month.    

Looks like those that predicted that PM/Telus was trying to get rid of the lowest $ plan is happening.  As you have stated the new $15 plan does not show the 250mb data. I wonder if PM will grandfather my plan and allow  me to keep my data plan and ALL my previous bonuses - free data and international minutes?  Except for a few international minutes all my bonuses remain intact.

My spouse is on the $25 plan with $4 in rewards.

Thanks.

G_Pomzz

I feel they should open up these new plans to all users. These are now competitive again and I'd like the option to get on the $19 plan for 3GB 4G data!!!

You should be able to get it. I was able to get one of the new plans which appeared to be for new subscribers only. I opened a ticket and inquired about it and boom, it was done. 

jhhead
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

jimbobs2023

@kb_mv wrote:

@jimbobs2023 wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@G_Pomzz  Every company offers win back stuff when someone leaves so I'm having a hard time understanding why this is so different and noteworthy from other companies?

Maybe because it's such a lousy offer in the current context?

@jimbobs2023 Perhaps it's a lousy attempt at winning back customers but I don't think any win back offer short of suspending the upcoming changes will satisfy some people. All the companies send out win back offers. I'm just not seeing the higher ups in Telus shaking in their boardrooms over this thread which has about 1000 unique users.

I should have added a smiley face emoji to my comment.  And, sadly, the primary metric for consumer services like this is "churn".  So loosing some customers (of low revenue plans) but gaining more higher revenue customers is a positive, in all respects, for them.  Number of complaints to CCTS, whether upheld or not, doesn't really matter as it can be easily explained away.

TheDre

I just got that email as well.

Complaint (COMP-01312224) is being moved to the next stage of our process. A Complaints Resolution Officer will be in contact with both parties to explain the next steps in our process.  

Sincerely,

CCTS Assessment Team

HI @kb_mv 

actually, the $21 (or $19) is still saying for new activations only

I checked my own My Account, I don't see that plan, too.  But $15 unlimited voice and $29 (or $25 for 90 days) is available for me

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The 90-day option for the $29 plan (60 GB upfront for $75) does indeed present good value. For those 5+ year subscribers w/o referrals or community rewards, the expiring $7 monthly legacy rewards come May ($5 loyalty, $2 AP) are offset by the $4 per month 90-day discount and $1.25 in points back (5% of $25) for a net increase in monthly cost of only $1.75 (for the next 3 months). Looking at just the loyalty reward perspective, a $12 90-day discount applied upfront out of what would have been $15 applied directly to the plan costs over the next 3 months is worth noting as well. This comparison assumes there is no $10 anniversary reward within the next 90 days. Obviously, if there is then the net increase is even less.

A small part of me thinks PM may have come to their senses somewhat. A larger part of me thinks this plan change was made necessary as a result of the backlash within this forum, other online sites, and complaints made to CCTS.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI all, 

for those who thinking to leave, these news plans are good.  

$24 - 3GB is new activation only

but check the $29 - 20 GB, they have 90 days option, it will bring down the price to $25/30 days.  So, it is s a great deal.  

@hTideGnow the $24 plan is actually $21 and $19 with a 90 day subscription. If you click through on it it no longer says for new activations only so if someone wants it I would screen grab it and ask nicely. It worked for me a few months ago.

Need Help? Let's chat.