Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,160 REPLIES 5,160

JDBlue1966
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What you mean everything happens?

Max1288
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The thing is that everything happens in their application, it's impossible to text or call otherwise. This is turn me off. This has some disadvantages, you won't be able to call in your car among others.

ily

I managed to find the table. Thank you 😉

JDBlue1966

Anyone think this provider is good? Fact it includes roaming, appeals to me. We go away a few times a year.IMG_8384.jpeg

Max1288

Guys, Telus answer me about the complaint Here is part of it what do you think about that?

Public Mobile is of the opinion that the complaint should be considered outside the scope of jurisdiction under article 4.3 of the Code of Procedure since the customer contests a change to the
rewards program, which is subject to Public Mobile's policies and procedures. Furthermore, the necessary notice of more than 30 days has been given, and the customer has not experienced any impact so far,
as the change is scheduled to occur in May.

Public Mobile is awaiting the CCTS' decision regarding the objection to this issue.

Sincerely,

@Michael6666 wrote:

The numbers are pretty tight, depending though, I may still just go on over to fizz for the pricing stability guarantee. 

@Michael6666 Too bad they aren't country wide. They look like a viable alternative for some.

Michael6666

This makes a ton of sense. 

It has simply pushed a lot of people to look at other providers, I hadn't even considered any in years as I saw this benefit as long term and my loyalty was bought.

The numbers are pretty tight, depending though, I may still just go on over to fizz for the pricing stability guarantee. 

Michael6666

It depends on your total account spending. And it's per line. 

The more lines you have the quicker you get the rewards (it's based on cost and community interactions). I've had internet for 2 years and I'm at 5$ per month for that.

My 3 discount slots are open for mobile, I'll report back when I know. I think I remember seeing the table on their website which I wouldn't be allowed to post here

ily

Do you know how long it takes to get the $6 loyalty discount?

@Michael6666 Thanks, but FIZZ isn't in the Maritimes.

@Wolfcore wrote:

My philosophy is to always take some time to breathe. Relax a bit, let things settle. 

@Wolfcore Something that took me a lot of years to learn.

Michael6666

Fizz, after 6$ loyalty discount will get you down to 27$ (33$ until you get that loyalty discount) per month for 20gb Can US. This data will rollover and you can change to a lower tier plan and keep that rollover data (even a plan with no data can use that rollover data, for two additional cycles!). The plan price is also contractually fixed as long as you don't change plan! Refreshing no? 

You can also transfer data through the community for those that are just a little short that month.

You also get customer service through chat. 

I have them for internet and I can guarantee you that if this goes through, 2 of my 3 accounts are instantly moved, there's just no advantage to stay at PM anymore. 

@JDBlue1966   Yes, of course, principles are very important and I do have my red lines about certain things and money wouldn't persuade me to abandon those principles, but it doesn't involve a phone line despite some of the dishonesty that PM executives have engaged in regarding their promotion of the benefits of the new points system.  However, I respect that others' have different priorities.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Some people are too quick to react. They hear an announcement, and think it's over. They don't leave room for redemption. Some people also just took this announcement as huge disrespect, and that's it. Even if PM were to reverse this decision, they'd still consider the company to have betrayed their customers (and only caved because of outrage). To some, the damage is already done, and there's no coming back from that.

If PM were to reverse this decision, you'll see a lot of people from the first group, coming back here to complain about how it's unfair that they lost their legacy rewards, and they only left because of the announcement, and will demand that they get them back (which, of course, PM won't do).

My philosophy is to always take some time to breathe. Relax a bit, let things settle. Until the action is officially performed, there's always a chance that the other party will come to their senses. If not, then you just leave when it officially goes live.

@Public_Cust_17 wrote:

@hTideGnow  with 30 years experience working in IT, I wouldn't give you a cent for your reports which are soooo secret that you can't explain your testing rationale and how you reached your conclusions.  Go find another sucker.. 🤣

Hey, finding out if a service works for you is rocket science! Need to leave it to the experts, who have studied the subject for a decade or more, to find out. Of course you also have to trust them - they would never be biased based on their own preference or *gasp* the prospect of personal gain.

Or if you really are serious and want to do your homework, you could just get a prepaid SIM from the provider in question, sign up for a month's plan and try it out. If it works out for your needs, have them switch you to the yearly plan (if that is the goal) and port your number, if it doesn't work for you, close the account. Done. (I know that going with a postpaid plan and cancel within 2 weeks is another option - as long as you are ok with and are able to pass a credit check...) If you are at PM right now, you either are reasonably tech savvy yourself or have a friend (!) who is.

@Soon-ex-PM-user totaly agree not judging at all was just trying to get a bit more feel of everyones situation

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yep, good point as by leaving now they forfeit their grandfathered protection (ie loyalty rewards) should PM have a change of heart and perhaps keep that aspect of the legacy program. 

JDBlue1966

It’s the principle for me. Rather pay a bit more and get better service. 

Soon-ex-PM-user

For some people,  it is about money then principle.

For other people, it is about principle so they have left Public Mobile already.

and so on... 

You can't judge people for their reaction and expect everyone to be the same.

We all have our reasons same as your situation and your reasons.  Respect. 

Wolfcore

Well, hopefully I've helped you understand why. But yeah, a lot of people HAVE left already. How many? Not sure, but there are definitely a lot.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv   I've said right from the start of this discussion that PM's recent offerings with tons of data/US features for plans in the $34+ range are very competitive and I wouldn't see any reason for those customers to feel the need the switch providers even with the legacy rewards being discontinued in May.   Obviously, that isn't the case for those on PM's basic plans.

@RetiredGuy1 What I find interesting about the people that have left already is what will they do if Telus/PM does as you suggest and reconsider and/or compromise? Not withstanding the leaving 2 months of rewards on the table.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Why wait? Two thoughts come to mind: 1. Over the next 2 months, better plan deals may materialize either here or elsewhere and 2. To apply their current rewards against their next 2 bill cycles. For those who are so upset at PM/Telus that they will leave on principle then 1. may not apply but it makes no sense to me to leave earned rewards on the table for an entity you are so upset at for them to keep for themselves. In that scenario, I confess I’m as puzzled as you. Besides, who knows - maybe PM will reconsider a compromise solution that will still meet their objective to a degree and save face while placating the legacy rewards clients enough to stay.

Soon-ex-PM-user

great post @Renzha

For Ottawa or QC,  anyone requires medium to heavy data usage https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-40-100gb-canada-usa-mexico-caribbean-qc-ott-only-2681566/ contact user 'kentuckychadNewbie' on RFD

@Wolfcore I am asking because I was as mad as some people are that have posted here I would be gone now and not even wait the 2 months.  But like I said it is still what works for my family

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I am on the $34/50GB Can-USA plan. Can anyone one show me where I can get the same prepaid, BYOD plan for less? I'm not seeing it. Please don't tell me about post paid plans, I have no interest. If I was open to post paid I wouldn't be here. A lot of people, myself included, are here because it is pre paid. Bell has $35/3GB at 4G speeds. Rogers has a $40/2.5GB (FIDO same) and Freedom isn't native to where I live. Someone previously claimed that tier one providers had better prices than PM. You need to compare apples with apples.....

Wolfcore

I feel you're not asking this question in good faith, but I'll answer it anyway. There are actually many reasons:

1. You need to leave room for redemption. They've made a decision, and now they've heard the response. They still have time to make things right, so people are waiting around to see whether or not this happens. It's not like the results of this decision have already taken effect.

2. This is a pre-paid service, so many people have already paid for the month (or 90 days), so by leaving before that term is completed, you're actually benefitting Telus even more, by giving them more money for less service

3. Why give Telus two more months of your money? Well, refer to 1, but also, because the two months will still be at the old rate, and they need some time to find an alternative, and plan for it. Some people manage a ton of lines for friends and family.

4. The most fervently disgruntled customers know that burning through the free data they gave them, would be a nice slap-back, and at least cost them some extra money.

----------------------

If the rewards were change to be maybe a bit closer to the original would you stay?

Like I've said previously, I don't care about the $2 autopay, but the Loyalty rewards were promised to stay around as long as your account remained active, so to me, those should remain grandfathered in.

Now, there's a hardline stance, and then there's a compromise. If I'm speaking for myself, I'd say we should keep a permanent $5 monthly discount that's grandfathered in (or whatever you've earned). If I'm speaking for others, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd accept a bit lower, like maybe an average across all accounts. I.e., some people have only accumulated 2 or 3 dollars from that old system, so maybe the average across all accounts is $3. Would others accept a permanent $3 discount and would that convince them to stay? Probably. Would that convince me to stay? That would probably depend on the wording they use when they explain it to us. I always leave room for redemption.

Public_Cust_17

@Markaps  Telus owns Public Mobile this might just be a part of their plans?

Renzha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1000002497.png

If you are using $15 PM plan, freedom $120 yearly plan, or speakout prepaid plan with hk3 HK$365 yearly or Eskimo US$90 2years 30G globe data plan if you have sesim phone

If you are using $24 or $25 PM plan, the $20 Lucky flight plan is much much better .

If you are using $34 PM plan , you may consider Rogers EPP plan throught Red Wireless, currently they are offer $40 for 105G with a free pixel 7a .

Other plan from PM  are sh*it

Let's switch 

Public_Cust_17

@ShawnC13  from my personal perspective.. If someone makes a mistake and is big enough to admit it and they actively do something to rectify that mistake then they would not only regain most of my trust but they would also gain some respect from me for being big enough to admit it and trying to fix the situation.  Cheers

Also, I'm on the $15/30 day plan with my next billing cycle to start on the 20th. My next payment hasn't changed and from what I have been able to discern from this community my payments shouldn't change until May... hopefully there's no surprise waiting for me shortly.

Need Help? Let's chat.