Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't i change mycredit card number

bcj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5 REPLIES 5

@Meow wrote:

WHY did you post picture with circled 'Subscribe' as it has nothing to do with credit card update?

You might confuse customer and he/she might stop service unintentionally.

Good point. Fixed it.  🤓

WHY did you post picture with circled 'Subscribe' as it has nothing to do with credit card update?

You might confuse customer and he/she might stop service unintentionally.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bcj 

there has been some issues with credit card update If it does not work the first time and you don't need to make a payment urgently, wait 24 hours and try again.  Also, please try using BOTH browser and Public Mobile App, some reported they have success after trying with the different method to access My Account. 

When you test with browser, try using Incognito mode
When you test with app and if app was already installed, uninstall it first, clear the cache for your default browser on the phone, then reboot the phone and reinstall the app

Also, while PM is not sending name/address info to credit card for posting payment, it looks like they still have some kind of validation now when updating new credit card.   So, make sure you have the correct address and postal code on your My Account's Profile and match those on your credit card.  Also, check the name on your profile.  If you have a very long name, maybe try shortening it with initials.

And, if you need to make payment urgently to resume service, you can get a voucher from SDM/London Drug/711/Shell and then load the voucher using *611 on your phone (or 1.855.4PUBLIC from another phone) to resume service first and then try updating the card again later

If nothing works, best to open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bcj 

I always recommend changing credit card in by using your laptop...not sure if it makes any diff, but I've never had issue with laptop. Click Manage Payment Method and it takes you to screen to do the deed and SAVE.

added new pic

paym.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bcj 

Go on the PM app and click on Payment tab on the bottom then Update Card Information.

Website is finicky so try clearing cache and go incognito on your browser to update.

Need Help? Let's chat.