cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan perks vs new $39 plan points perk

ryancg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking at my account, I see my current plan doesn't mention how many points it gives me per month. I feel like there was a perk when I signed up to the previous promo. I looked in my reward activity and I see that I get the following rewards:

ryancg_0-1689026423768.png

Now, the reason why I get different 'points-back' currently, I believe is because I sometimes use the 15 points reward option to reduce my bill when I've accumulated enough points, thus the system adjusts how many points it gives me on those billing periods based on the amount paid.

With the new $39 plan, it says it gives 1.95 points. Wondering if the current $40 plan I'm on in the long run gives me more points and thus allows me to cash in on the bill reduction addon more frequently than the new $39 plan?

7 REPLIES 7

ryancg

I asked CS about the rate reward bonus period and they said: “I investigated and if you change the plan the 10% off will drop off.”

so I think it’s best to keep the plan and wait for next Black Friday as I suspect something similar will come up for plan deals and with the current bonus reward it gets us a little more value if people don’t need the 20gb. My current plan is the 15gb promo from last nov

ryancg

I suspect though that if the 12 month bonus doesn't transfer to new plan, then it means I have till November for the bonus I believe which is 5 months. In 5 months worth of this plan vs the $39 plan I'll have spent $5 extra on the old plan vs new plan. While new plan will get me 1.95 points per month, while old plan gets me 2 points per month plus the 10% bonus, which should result in getting me more points accumulated for more discounts, making the old plan cheaper for the time being. I would imagine come black friday in November again, there will be another promo similar or better than this $39 one. Do you suspect the same? If so, then waiting for the new plans would be better for those of us who have the 10% rate reward promo and the $40 15gb plan.

@ryancg wrote:

With the new $39 plan, it says it gives 1.95 points. Wondering if the current $40 plan I'm on in the long rungives me more points and thus allows me to cash in on the bill reduction addon more frequently than the new $39 plan?

Since points-back is based on a percent of the amount spent, more points will be given for more expensive plans. However, that doesn't always make the more expensive plan the better choice.  It's best to take the plan that's at the price and provides as much usage as your needs require.  Paying more will only cost more in the long run.

@ryancg  Sorry yes . But those are bonus points your getting for x amount of months probably 12 then it will be same amount after that . So long run the new 20GB $39 plan is better deal 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ryancg  

you had a 3x points promotion since activation?

yes, the Community was wondering if a plan change would affect that.  We don't have an answer ourselves

Yes, if a plan change stopped your 3x points, then yes, you will get less with the new plan.

However, your 3x points has an end date anyway, 12 months?  So, take that into consideration

(and yes, if you cashed out $15 bill credit, you pay less out of your credit card and you will earn less rewards.  Reward points are based on the actual amount you pay to PM)

ryancg

yes that part is understood, but if i migrate from my old plan to the new plan, it seems old plan gave 2 points vs 1.95 points, plus old plan I think also gave this 10% rate plan reward? If I move to the new plan, will I lose this 10% rate plan reward?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ryancg  every 15 points you collect you can redeem for $15 off your bill in your rewards portal and buy add ons and enter phone Draws check it out 

Re: Community reward

Great

Points rewards portal view catalog

Handy1_0-1689026670749.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.