cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

physical sim blocked after purchasing new e-sim :(

arshad1478
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have one physical sim and I wanted to purchase a new e-sim for a different phone. Somehow the request got mixed up and my new e-sim got attached to my existing number and they blocked my physical sim. To correct this issue (as I needed two different numbers), I created a separate account and got nee e-sim but my physical sim is still blocked. I need to get my physical sim unblocked. I have already contacted the customer care, can someone help on priority? 

4 REPLIES 4

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@arshad1478 To be clear, all carriers have a strict limit of one sim per line.  If you think about it, that's the only way it could be secure - otherwise, if you switch from a physical SIM to an eSIM and throw your physical SIM in the blue box, someone could go through it and use your SIM to gain access to your phone number.

So any time you switch to a new SIM or eSIM at PM or at any other carrier, the previous one will be permanently blocked in order to keep your account safe.

So yes, you'll need to get  a new physical SIM.  The most customer care could do for you is to send you one for free - but you might have to wait. Given you're (understandably) in a hurry, you may just want to get one from a Telus/Koodo store or order one on amazon.ca - that will cost you a bit of money but will be much faster than waiting for PM to mail one to you.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@arshad1478 - When you change physical SIM to eSIM in My Account your Physical SIM will automatically be lost and de-provisioned / blocked from being re-used again.

Better to just wait for a response from CS_Agent.

CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. *  They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@arshad1478 

the physical sim card is one time use (can be activated once only), once it is deactivated like what happened to you, it cannot be reactivated.  Sorry, you will need to buy a new one from Telus or Koodo store or online from Amazon

you can try to ask support agent to reimburse you the cost , but hard to say if they will agree.  To  open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there  

Need Help? Let's chat.