cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a "not allowed sim" work on a new phone

Sj71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought a supposedly new phone from Walmart. But it is registered to T-mobile and it came with a sim installed. After installing  a PM sim I got 1 day of use, then it got cancelled. When I get a replacement from Walmart will the sim work or do I need a new one?  I also can not get on to my account. This is a family members account. 

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

'Walmart' sells only new phones. You must have purchased your from 'marketplace' which is no different than alibaba, amazon, temu and similar. ALL 3rd party sellers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sj71 

did you buy from Walmart Marketplace? be careful, some phones there might not work in Canada at all

we cannot tell if it will work for sure

it depends if the phone is locked to T-Mobile.  if it is locked to T-Mobile,  PM sim card wont' work without unlocked

also, better to tell us the exact model so we can tell if the phone has the correct network bands to be used with PM network

But more important is if the phone is unlocked

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Sj71 

Oddly enough you're not the first person to say they bought a new phone from Walmart and it was locked to Tmobile.

Don't worry about any issues. Just turn off the phone, insert the SIM card, restart the phone and you should be back up and running. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sj71  The aim should work just out it in new phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.