cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized monthly charge in my credit card

shiranthas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, My credit card statement shows charge by Public Mobile on monthly basis. I am on 120 day payment plan and this  is outside those payments.  I need to cancel this recurring payment and if I was overcharged I need my money back 

6 REPLIES 6

Meow
Mayor / Maire

How much have you been charged?

Maybe somebody in your family have service and you are not avare?

Or somebody is purchasing some add-ons?

More details is needed...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Indeed, @shiranthas , we have had a few  parents/guardians in the last several weeks suggest that their ‘innocent’ little kiddos may have replied “yes” to a promotional text, causing their plans to upgrade to the $40 / 30 day 15 GB plan.

If you are not the primary user of this device/service/account, might be worth a chat with the user.

😉

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@shiranthas how much is the monthly charge?   if it is around $40 +tax  (or around $40  - your usual rewards + tax) then, it will likley be what @Handy1 described

Login to My Account again (using Incognio/Private/Safe mode) and confirm your current plan, check if it still showing 3 months plan

And look at the Payment history, it should gives you hint if it is charging you monthly

If you don't see any monthly charge on My Account, start with checking your family, in case someone activated a new line on your card

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How long has this been going on? 90 day plans ended years ago. Has a family member used your card to sign up and use Public?

If you or anyone you know is not using Public for another account then maybe you have a card problem.

Adding - the above is an excellent thought. The promo text will have come from shortcode 5169 back in early-ish December. Check you texting history.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@shiranthas  Also should mention there was a promo text for 15gB for $40  30 day cycle over the holidays all one had to do was reply YES to it to except could this have happened by any chance first maybe check 

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1675877518575.png

For most up to date account info

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@shiranthas  To get refund of any kind of owed you need supports help 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.