cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer issues....again and staying with old provider

pubmobsux
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I sent this question to the direct chat service but I wanted to send it out to the wider community in case someone has had or will have a similar issue.  Last night I tried transferring my number to PM from Fizz.  It seemed okay but I received a text from PM saying the transfer was unsuccessful because I apparently entered the incorrect account number.  I ended up being referred to the phone number for technical support which when I called early this morning they were not yet available but had an automated message saying the number I was calling about did not have any active transfers associated with it.  At that point I figured forget it, I'm just going to stay with Fizz.  I contacted them to ensure my plan is still active.  They confirmed.  Now my question is if I do nothing else at this point will my number just stay with my current provider and I will not be charged a fee for the plan I will not be using with Public Mobile?

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pubmobsux 

As long as you didn’t reply with YES to the text from Fizz you are porting over…you are still with Fizz.

If you did reply then double check with a CS_Agent by Submitting a Ticket on the Chat bubble.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pubmobsux 

Technically, you will need to contact Fizz support to re-initiate the port again with the right account number.  

However, if you are not interested in porting over, your PM was still created and you were charged for the first month with Public mobile.  If the port was not successful, you will be assigned a temporary PM phone number.  

You will need to contact PM customer service agent to close the account.  You will likely still need to pay for the first month.  PM does not generally offer refunds.  

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pubmobsux - For that "Looks like there are no transfers on your number", just re-enter your number and it will send you to the agent. 

If you want to cancel, contact CS_Agent:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714655156850.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.