cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from Fido to public mobile

Aliyasi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my sim card from Fido to PM last night and it’s been 12 hours I still can’t get incoming calls and msgs, please advise

6 REPLIES 6

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Aliyasi   Just to clarify, once you  had answered YES with your Fido sim in the phone did you replace it with a Public Mobile sim and then re-start the phone?

@Aliyasi 

using IMEI to port can cause problems, better to use your Fido Account number.  Please call the number I sent you and they can confirm the porting status 

Aliyasi

I did all those steps and entered my phone IMEI

Aliyasi

Thanks for the reply. I already messaged back to my old provider within 90mins

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You do not transfer 'sim card' - you transfer number.

Did you follow porting instructions to the letter? initiated transfer, kept old sim in a phone, replied Yes within 90 min of receiving sms, etc.?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Aliyasi 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.