cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Going To The US

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On the $34 5G 50GB CAN/US plan and went to the US for the first time since joining PM and it worked great.

Didn't have a connection for about the first 3 miles into the US from the border, and then it connected to AT&T and didn't have any issues once it connected.

So it works lol

25 REPLIES 25

@Jedi1 wrote:

@hairbag1  thanks, I looked at the list not to long ago.  We both have iPhones.  Mine  is newer and definitely on the list.  I was not sure when it says iPhone 8 and up if that included the SE 2020 for him but i suspect it is okay as he gets the new iOS updates.  I think we also tested it to see that  it was not dropping to 3G on phone calls.  

You should be good, then. I also have the iPhone SE 2020 and it is volte enabled.

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hairbag1  thanks, I looked at the list not to long ago.  We both have iPhones.  Mine  is newer and definitely on the list.  I was not sure when it says iPhone 8 and up if that included the SE 2020 for him but i suspect it is okay as he gets the new iOS updates.  I think we also tested it to see that  it was not dropping to 3G on phone calls.  

@Jedi1 

for best success, make sure your cell is on PM's volte whitelist, before going to US.

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for posting.  I switched my son and myself to this plan.  Have not been to the US in a while as our mother son trip was cancelled in 2020.  Thinking of taking him to this summer.  

Snowcall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i do have it so i answered myself.. Thank you selfie ☃️

Snowcall

I switched to this plan to avoid buying a US Sim from Mint Mobile every time.  My question is the hot spot available on this plan?  thanks   we had it with Mint Mobile.

Snowcall

I switched to this plan to avoid buying a US Sim from Mint Mobile every time.  My question is

kcorscadden

@hTideGnow Oh don't get me started on US shopping lol.... Wife and kid spent $100 at a dollar store today.... $100 !!!!!!!!  We don't even spend that much at Dollarama 😛

kcorscadden

@Handy1  Yup, now that the kid is old enough, we will probably go a tad deeper into NY state.... probably Syracuse, NY

hi @kcorscadden then you got the right plan for frequent US shopping 🤣

Sweet @kcorscadden  so I’m sure you will be back again that’s not to far out of the way at all .

kcorscadden

@Chalupa_Batman **bleep** straight lol

kcorscadden

@Handy1 We live in Kingston, Ontario, so we are about 30-40 mins from the 1000 Island border crossing.  It's about 1.5 hrs one way from Kingston to Watertown assuming there is no delays at the border.

LOL turns car around @kcorscadden  test it out for us !

Next trial @kcorscadden ... Viva Las Vegas!!!

@kcorscadden wrote:

@Handy1 I did, we just did a day trip to Watertown, NY as the kid has been bugging us to go.  So it was a good trial to see if our plan works.

kcorscadden

@hTideGnow I can't say if voice works as we didn't make any calls, but data and texting works

hi @kcorscadden so voice was working on At&T?? if so, that mean VoLTE works even the phone is not on PM's VoLTE whitelist

Nice @kcorscadden  thats amazing I hope to be able to travel south one day , I’m jealous 🙂

kcorscadden

@Handy1 I did, we just did a day trip to Watertown, NY as the kid has been bugging us to go.  So it was a good trial to see if our plan works.

kcorscadden

@HALIMACS Yes I have a Samsung A71 which is VoLTE capable 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is amazing to hear! With these plans being added it is getting easier for me to share with my friends that Public Mobile is the way to go! 

Naepalm

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks for sharing your experience @kcorscadden 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Good information @kcorscadden 

Can you share if your device is VoLTE capable?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

That's 👍🏻 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kcorscadden  Excellent happy to hear , hope you enjoyed your trip 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.