cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Text Message Issues for Recently Ported Numbers

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 9:00AM ET 15/05/2024]: A solution for this issue has been successfully implemented last night. Any customer who experienced issues with their SMS service after transferring their number should now have their service fully restored. 

Please note that moving forward, customers transferring their number from another provider may need to wait up to 1 hour after the transfer for SMS services to be fully initiated.

--

Hello Community,

We want to address a current issue some of our customers are experiencing. After porting their phone numbers to Public Mobile, a few customers have reported not receiving text messages. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Immediate Solution:

If you've recently ported your number to us and are facing issues with receiving or sending texts, please contact a Customer Support Agent directly via our chatbot. Our agents are equipped to apply a fix that should resolve the issue promptly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to ensure a smooth experience for everyone affected. We will keep you updated on our progress.

- The Public Mobile Team

164 REPLIES 164

asls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Finally fixed by getting a new esim. Thank you to the support that helped. But this never should have happened

asls

Seems like I'm the only one who can't get this fixed.

Customer Support have refreshed the network. I have confirmed a second port with my old provider. I have switched all settings, resets, etc.

Still.doesn't.work. Total disaster.

RobR123

My text messages and FaceTime issues are now resolved with help from CS Agent. 

Pavitar

Text message issue resolved appropriately via customer support !!

Backira2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you port your number from another provider to public and because of the issue with the text messages you want to go elsewhere? Did you message an agent on line or follow @fixin1 suggestions below? Which provider you did decide to go with? Thanks. 

Backira2024

Did you try to contact the agents? I port my number on Sunday night couldn't text or receive texts. I was really angry followed up with agents which they refresh their network, reboot my phone and all set...In less than 24 hours. I was about to port elsewhere like most of us. But trust me options are zero. 

Backira2024

@hTideGnow mine was fixed in less than 24 hours. I had public mobile back in the days and I wasn't experiencing any issues. I just hoped as it telus affiliate they had a sort of phone number in case of technical support and not this texting in CS agent type of. Because there are older generations that don't know how to use the service. 

hi @Backira2024 

only new activation has the problem.  but that is a quick fix anyway, just need to open ticket with PM support agent

Backira2024

My issue has been fixed. I have folks that want to join PM because they are fed up of paying 50+ or some 90+ bills and wandering how is the service? I believe if you buy a new number it's not an issue only the porting is the issue? Do we know when this will be fixed permanently? Or why we as a customers are not receiving emails from public regarding the glitches with the SMS? Thanks 

Jack16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

En général on répond dans la même journée, car pour moi a quelques reprises j'ai jamais attendu longtemps, je sais quand je reçois un message quand j'ai reçu en email a ma boîte de courriel, aussitôt je vais dans mon application dans mes messages et le message est là 

Jack16

La même chose est arrivé a mon épouse, on a fait l'installation de la esim et rien marchait, et quelqu'un m'a répondu et m'a dit d'aller dans mes paramètres du téléphone iPhones 13 et d'aller choisir la esim, et aussitôt tout était parfait, tout fonctionnait 

Jack16

Peux être redémarrer le cellulaire, cela remet tout en place souvent 

RickyRich

Recommend someone to public mobile and then nothing but problems.  Makes public mobile look horrible. They can’t txt

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chamil - Please contact CS_Agent:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1715177034320.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Chamil

Hello I need to port out my number and my new provider send a request to you. Since I am not getting massages I cant accept it. What should I do

bertyou

The CS agent helped refresh the services. And I Reset the network settings, then it worked. Thanks for your help 

Destoy

Having this same problem too. Need it fixed asap since all my 2FA’s come to this number. Sent in a ticket, private message and asked the community. I think it’s bigger than a small portion of people. 

bertyou

Yes I also have this problem. Now I could not send and receive messages, but I can call or receive phone calls. In the settings, mobile service, it still shows another phone number, please update it 

RobR123

I ported my number on May 4th and I’m not able to send or receive text messages. Please help

Vs95

Hi all,

My texts are finally working now. The CS Agent did a network refresh on their end and then instructed me to do the below:

“complete a refresh on your own, this won't delete any data but will require you to enter WIFI connections and Bluetooth again as they will get deleted from your phone.

Please do the following:

IPHONE

• Settings > General > Transfer or Reset> Reset > Reset Network Settings> enter your password or PIN if needed
  • Then wait for the phone to power off/on and do another test of your services. 

I will need to highlight that you need to:

Make sure you only have one SIM in the device, having more than one will generate connection problems.”

asls

This is a serious issue. No texting means I cannot undertake two-factor authentication for services like banking or my work VPN login.

Fix this now.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope @Ck_PM and their team is working on it! I would rather you fix the iMessage activation & SMS / MMS issue before any new features!

We have been getting low quality service for some of these people & most of us are considering porting out right now!

As for you @mesopotamian , if you haven't contacted CS_Agent, please do so:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1715122295045.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

mesopotamian

no texts yet

Vs95

Just wondering how everyone is getting the text messages to work now? I activated my service on Sunday and they opened a ticket, still nothing. I’m not receiving any texts. They asked me for the short codes — unfortunately, I do not know all of the short codes for the texts I receive from my various banks and providers. I was able to find CRA’s on txt.ca, but cannot find Sun Life’s — does anyone have this? Just getting really worried and regretting switching if I cannot get any text messages 

Sarama

It took a bit, but they got it working!

Tridus

My family ported over multiple phones over the weekend and it happened to all of them. That doesn't mean its literally everyone, but it seems pretty widespread. It doesn't seem to be an issue if you get a new phone number though, just if you are porting an existing number.

Tamalyn

Is this issue happening with all new subscriptions or just some of them?

MartinLavoie

I sent them a message yesterday they refresh my thing and had to reset my phone and all is working now.  I know it gets frustrating but with a bit of patience it gets to work 

good luck

MartinLavoie

All is back, an employee reset my thing and had to restart my phone and all is working normally, thanks you all

Sarama

I'm having this issue, waiting for a customer service agent to respond. Frustrating as I can't use text for TFA to access accounts! Is there a way to talk to a person to resolve this?

Need Help? Let's chat.