cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Under Investigation] Ongoing Issue: Text Message Issues for Recently Ported Numbers

dnaty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've recently activated a new SIM card and started the process of porting my number, but I've encountered a problem. When I try to make calls using another phone, it doesn't work—I get a message saying 'your call has been forwarded.' However, when I use the newly activated phone, I can call any number without issues. The problem arises when I try to complete the setting for 'Confirm for full access' as I'm not receiving the code.

4 REPLIES 4

HI @Nazila 

but did you get the code on your old sim card with the old carrier?  Put it back and check

if you really cannot complete the activation, please message support agent for help

Nazila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue.  Did I not receive the text with code to complete the setup. 

dnaty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven't activated the new carrier (but activated the NoName SIM card two weeks ago). It was supposed to be activated yesterday, but I haven't topped up any credit. Therefore, I can't use the old carrier. Until yesterday, I was with PM and was working. Yesterday, I was supposed to switch to NoName, but since I didn't top up any credit, it's not working.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@dnaty 

Did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

and can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot the port was not done

It could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Need Help? Let's chat.