cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I join Rewards as an old (>5 year) user?

nobrainurr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm mostly interested in lowering the price of my plan. I have a $5 reduction from loyalty, $2 from autopay and $1 from refer a friend. The website says I will lose all of these when I switch over to Public Points Rewards program, but I will get points that can be redeemed to lower the price of my plan.

My question is, is it worth it? It's hard for me to understand the costs and benefits of making this change from the website. For example, it says I can use 15 points to reduce my plan's price by 15 points; but is that only a one-time use? does that mean I have to keep logging back on every month and the reductions are not applied automatically? I would like to know information like this and more (or at least know how I can get this information from the website or from a knowledgable person) so I can check if this points program thing is better in the long term or not.

Any advice appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Round about Answer: No stay on the Loyalty Rewards System. It's the best, you don't get as much money off per year with the new Rewards System.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You'll go from $60/year in loyalty discounts to $10/year in loyalty points ($50/year loss). $24 in autopay will go away completely. Refer-a-friend will still give you $1 in point value. You'll gain 5% on whatever your base plan is. So the question is, will 5% of your plan add up to more than the loss of $64/year in discounts. The answer is no. Do not do it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nobrainurr 

A quick answer to your question, don't look, don't think and just stay on the legacy rewards system   🙂

Quick advise for anyone who consider changing:  If you are gone, you are gone.  That is a point of NO RETURN!!

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will be gone. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.
    1st to 12th month:     Legacy system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    13th to 24th month:  Legacy system will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    25th to 36th month:  Legacy will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
     61st and beyond: Legacy will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year on the anniversary day under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,
           - 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well
           - add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
           - you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 
              (Unfortunately, this goodie on the new system is gone as of mid-2023)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nobrainurr 

NO, DON’T switch. The old rewards system is a lot better plus you get instant monthly credit.

The Points Reward will not give $2 credit plus you need to collect 15 points from the 5% of your monthly bill for a $15 credit.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nobrainurr  NO DONT DO IT your old $ rewards are far more lucrative then the new points system and it’s a one way street and no going back . With points you need to earn 15 of them to redeem $15 off you bill hard to ever make this happen with points 

Handy1_0-1701898544099.png

Need Help? Let's chat.