cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching contacts that are not connected to iMessage.

GAP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today I attempted to contact a person by text in my contact list and has a Samsung phone. 
I received an error that the person was not connected to iMessage. I have never had a problem texting an android phone from my iPhone in the past. 

7 REPLIES 7

@GAP  My iPhone unchecked the phone number during an ios update.  Did you happen to do one after re-selecting the phone number?  Once I selected mine again it stayed fixed.  I also toggled iMessage off and rebooted the phone then toggled iMessage on again.  If it still won't stay selected then contact Apple support unless someone else here has a suggestion. 

GAP

I found the phone number not checked. I had it working yesterday but is unchecked today. Not sure how to get the number to remain checked. 

GAP

I clicked on resend but did not hold. Thank you

GAP

Yes I did thank you

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@GAP   Also check Send and Receive in iMessage settings to make sure your phone number is still checked.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GAP - Please enable these in Settings > Messages (They are close to the bottom) to ensure good communication with android users with iOS:

IMG_4E0522881AFA-1.jpeg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GAP did you toggle on the "Send as SMS" switch?

also, when you see the message not sent, you can click and hold on the message, and then select send as text to resend

Need Help? Let's chat.