cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points - worth swapping?

crreature
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm confused about the new points system - it doesn't seem worth it to swap onto it? I get a better deal on the old rewards system, unless I'm missing something?

I pay $40/month - which is 2 points a month? So (2*12)+10 = $34/year?

12 REPLIES 12

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like good advice from everyone to not swap to points if you are lucky enough to be on previous rewards program.  I'd really like to be able to swap the other way round from my points to old rewards, haha.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You are not missing anything. If you are on $ rewards, stay there.

@crreature wrote:

I'll stay on the rewards system!!!

@crreature   Good calls   and save more  🙂

crreature
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Haha thanks for the confirmation everyone!!! When I got the email about points I thought for sure I was missing something. But I'm not and I'll stay on the rewards system!!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@crreature 

You've got the math right ... .... Stick with points.

Huh?

You meant "Stick it to points" or "Stick with rewards", right?

Unless, of course, the OP is already on the points program and the alternative is no reward program at all - though I didn't get they were.

🤔

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@crreature  Stay on your old rewards it more lucrative then points ,and saves you a step by having them applied automatically to your bill . Opposed to having to sign in and redeem them every time you earn 15 points for $15 off your bill 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@crreature 

You've got the math right....with your current plan price points will give you the equivalent of $34/year. You are coming up on your 5th anniversary so you will soon be earning the maximum $5/30 days loyalty rewards+$2 autopay=$7×12=$84/year. A $50 difference per year. Referral and community/give back rewards keep the same value. Stick with points. 

Edit:

Oops! I meant stick with rewards!!! My bad!!

@HALIMACS 

Thx for the correction.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@crreature 

Pretty simple:

Old Rewards system - instant monthly credits plus $2/month if on AutoPay.

New Rewards system - 5% in points of monthly payment (need $300 total of bill payment) to collect 15 points and redeem $15 and no $2 or 2 points if on AutoPay.

Stay on the old Rewards system!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@crreature  the Community pretty much all agree if you are on the old Rewards system:

DO NOT migrate to the new one.

You loss most with Loyalty rewards if you switch, and you earn less from 5% back than $2 Autopay rewards if your plan is $40 or less

Just in case you want to really check it out, here is a comparison of the old vs new:

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@crreature 

The old reward program in superior in almost every way.

The most notable difference is the loyalty, which gets better every year on the old reward program. (Up to 5 years)

So if you’re considering switching, just remember that public mobile wants you to because it saves them money.

And by saving them money, it costs you money.

[ EDIT: also @crreature , once a user switches to the Public Points program there's no going back to the old if they develop switchers remorse.   It's a one-way move with no way back onto the old rewards plan. ]

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No point of being confused. If you are on $ Rewards......

D O N ‘ T consider changing to points. 

Need Help? Let's chat.