cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please install your existing eSIM first before purchasing a new one.

G3242343
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred my number from Koodo which didn't work in the app and said to contact an agent. Apparently no agents are ever available through chat so I somehow ended up private messaging one.

The agent transferred my number away from Koodo but didn't set me up with a esim. They now tell me to go through the app to purchase an esim but the app says "Please install your existing eSIM first before purchasing a new one." The agents take hours to respond and now seem baffled about what to do as they are asking for screenshots and now have ghosted me since I shared.

Since my number is transferred my phone doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know what to do??

9 REPLIES 9

Electro_Mac

Only other option is message them again and hope you get someone who knows how to send email with QR code.

G3242343

If this is the only solution I might have to. Don't have a car until Sunday so was hoping there was another option

Electro_Mac

If your close to a Telus store or mobile klinik might cause less frustration to just buy physical sim and install it…I’m still firm believer in physical SIM card.

G3242343

I literally asked one of them to do this and they told me:

"Thank you!   The QR code is sent only once though an email when the account is activated. Could you check into the settings of the phone if you have the eSim there? If it has been deleted, you would need a physical sim card to restore the services.

I never setup a esim and never record a QR code because the setup process made me contact an agent before that point.

hi @G3242343 

you need support agent to send you the esim QR code then.   you can  submit the ticket to CS agent by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

G3242343

Yes I have. There is no sim or esim in my phone right now.

Electro_Mac

Have you removed your Koodo SIM card?

G3242343

I never activated an esim and the email I have is just a welcome email after I purchased the plan. It says to activate an esim online.

I have reached out to a support agent as I stated in my message. They so far have been unhelpful as they don't know what to do about the message when I try to purchase an esim in the app that says "Please install your existing eSIM first before purchasing a new one."

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@G3242343 - If you didn't activate eSIM yet please check your welcome email for the QR code:

Welcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-1.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-2.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-3.png

If you deleted your eSIM or it won't activate, you will need to contact Public Mobile here:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1715349361671.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.