cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to Change the Carrier.

Lkpm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After PM's recent update, I no longer able to send MMS. I've been trying to private message to fix the issue since Saterday and finally gave up.

My next renewal date is March 8.

Where do you guys find the best deals? and

when is the best day to port the no.? 1 day before the renewal date?

The current phone is ulefone armor x10 pro. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Lkpm

Still not working but thanks for the input

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lkpm  well seeings as I shouldn’t give you the link to support . The next best deal would be freedom mobile they have the best value plans then any of the big 3 do with out jumping hoops and playing the porting in and out game to get win back offers . Freedom is looking more and more like my next provider just have to wait until they have a presence in the maritimes first before I jump ship and certainly before this “ship” sinks into obscurity 

@Lkpm 

Compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN  or dun for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Lkpm

Tried to create new APN also APN type Field: default,mms. Sending MMS is not working.

jorgegonzalez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Agreed, I’d avoid contacting support as it’s usually a waste of time. The fact that you generate your message after authenticating your user name and password and their first reply is always to ask for your information again  is clear indication that they just want to go in circles before actually addressing any issue properly. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lkpm , there has been an APN settings change recently.  The way to fix the MMS problem is to delete your current APNs associated with Public Mobile service and create a new APN using the settings from this help article.  Include also in the APN type field:  default,mms  Do not waste time contacting support because they will tell you what I am suggesting.  There is nothing support can do to edit your phone APN settings.  @Handy1 , don't refer customers to support for things that they cannot fix.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Lkpm

no luck with private messaging. Thanks for the info!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lkpm  If your gonna port out it’s best to do it 2-3 days before your renewal day to minimize money lost . But have you tried private messaging support ? Here the direct link for support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.