cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Add-on false advertisement complaint

CL12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Three days ago, I bought 3G data for $30,  as I saw "Any unused data or minutes will roll over to your next subscription", shown in the screenshot. I don't use much data and thought 3G can last me a long time. 

Then I found out it's going to expire in 30 days, as PM changed wording after I paid.  After reading posts in the community, I realized PM changed their Add-on expire policy since May 24. But why did it appear on my page they won't expire when I made my purchase? Had I known this I would have only bought 200M instead. 

It is false advertisement to say the least.  A lot other people have fallen for this. Where can we launch a complaint case against PM?

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 8.58.11 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-26 at 8.59.12 AM.png

7 REPLIES 7

I would still demand it to go for 60 days. That's the "offer". By taking up their offer by buying it you agree to their offer. That's a contract.

Adding - ok, through one renewal whenever your renewal is. But since it's a day counter like roaming then I would still ask for 60 days.

@CL12  great it helps and support handled it professionally. Bravos to @CS_Agent 

CL12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the quick response, they did reverse the payment right away. I then purchased the 200Mb instead. 

It still left a bad taste though, buying based on their website info and then going through all these hassles to correct their mistake. And it is a bad move in terms of reputation when they changed the no-expire data add-ons.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You have the proof right there. Demand that they honour it. It's not your problem that they can't be bothered to change their wording. Demand it to at least 60 days.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CL12 

while PM is prepaid don't usually provide refund, they will probably refund you the data you purchased because of the misunderstanding from the My Account Add-ons description.   So, submit a ticket with CS agent and get your money back:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CL12  Yes sorry this is new policy from last month all data add on expire 30 days after purchase . There’s also a promo plan right now 20GB for $39 that you may want to consider . But you can always ask support to reverse the add on charges for you if you haven’t use any of it and change plan for next renewal . And not worry about add on data again 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CL12  you don't have to file complaint.  PM will refund you the add-on cost if you message them.

Please message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.