Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

MarkNguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activate my number and there is no signal. Can not make a phone call

9 REPLIES 9

HI @MarkNguyen thanks for the update, let us know tomorrow if the issue is fully resolve .  

MarkNguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

The error occurs on Public Mobile's end. They are going to fix in the next 3-4 hours.

Thank you for your comments.

BR

Mark 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MarkNguyen   did you try your PM SIM in another phone?  What kind of phone do you have?  You see any error message? Any signal bars at all?  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MarkNguyen 

Do you have any working services at all? Texts in/out? Calls in/out? Mobile data? Can you test hour sim card in another phone? Either way if you have no working services then your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Contact customer support. Put "sim card not provisioned correctly upon activation" in the subject line and leave a detailed message.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Does your self-serving account says Active?

Do you get any error message when plugging in PM SIM?

Can you plug in your SIM into any other phone?

Reboot might help, too.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you may have ported a number over - follow the steps in the thread. As long as you have the old sim and the other account active, you should be able to get it up and running 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MarkNguyen wrote:

I just activate my number and there is no signal. Can not make a phone call

@MarkNguyen  - log into your self serve account and ensure your account is ACTIVE.

OR, can you call 611 from your device or 1-855-478-2542  from another line to ensure the account is ACTIVE?

Try your SIM into another compatible phone to see if it works. If it does work, confirm the below two things on your current phone:

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MarkNguyen 

Reboot your phone by powering off then power back on.

If you ported your old number over to PM, did you reply to text with YES with the old SIM in the phone within 90 minutes?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MarkNguyen 

try resetting network connections

try rebooting device

try toggling airplane mode on/off 

Need Help? Let's chat.