cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New points system

Stephyu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

Currently I have $4 of loyalty discount, $2 autopay discount and $2 referral. With the new points, will I lose the $4 loyalty and $2 autopay?

thanks !

10 REPLIES 10

@Stephyu sorry it didn't work out.

Stephyu

Thank you for detail response. I will search for another provider. 

ZylAL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes you will lose them ALL as of May 4, 2024.  Instead, this is what you would earn with the new points-based reward system: https://publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/public-points?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6PGxBhCVARI...

Jess31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately with the new reward system no longer get auto pay or loyalty rewards. You now get 5% back in points, 10 once every year, 1 point for every referral.

And you need to manually cash in for $15 off, it is not automatic any more.

So you are not saving as much but still saving. For me when I factor in friend referrals, PM is still the best price for the plan I am getting. 

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The new rewards program has started so there is no more auto pay or legacy rewards.

You now get 5% back in points, 10 once every year, 1 point for every referral. And you need to manually cash in for $15 off, it is not automatic any more.

@Y4J259  Once you have accumulated more than 15 points, you must log in, and purchase $15 bill credit for 15 points. It is not automatic anymore. And, from what I understand, you can only purchase bill credits in $15 chunks. 

You are right that you can only purchase bill credits in $15 chunks but you can purchase add-ons for fewer points than that and also at less than the $ purchase price.  For example a normally $15 add on might costs 10 points ($10) instead of 15, and there are add ons that can be purchased for 5 points.  

DadaSo

Another possible way to save is to consider switching plan with PM. 

Currently there is a promo with 50GB for $34/mo that expires May 20th. 

Depending on how much you are paying right now and what you are getting / need for data, this plan may just save you those extra couple of dollars each month that you loss with the new point system.      

Just something to think about in cutting your monthly mobile bill 🙂

Y4J259
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will lose $2 auto pay, and lose $4 loyalty. 

You will keep referrals, but instead of $2 off your bill each month, you will earn 2 points each 30 days. 

You will also earn 5% back on payments, and earn 10 points every year on your anniversary. 

Once you have accumulated more than 15 points, you must log in, and purchase $15 bill credit for 15 points. It is not automatic anymore. And, from what I understand, you can only purchase bill credits in $15 chunks. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Stephyu 

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Stephyu hello, yes you will be 😐.

As of this month, you will be loosing the $4 discount and $2 autopay. You will now have to pay your full plan amount upfront each month. 

They will give you 5% back on your spending each month.

10 points on your anniversary date

1 point per friend referred. 

1-15 points in helping out in the Community. 

No more loyalty.

When you have accumulated 15 points, you sign into your account and redeem that for $15 off your bill or purchase add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.