cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Points System

karen_z
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

Can somebody justify how the new points system is better than the old system? I was saving $6 a month. So now my bill will go up by $6? How am I ever going to get to 15 point to get a $15 credit?  How much will I have to purchase to get the $15 credit? It seems like the points system is just a cash grab. 

9 REPLIES 9

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@skate9001 wrote:

I have been with public mobile for 5 years and had $5 off a month! Those points didn't show up in my account at all. Does anyone know if that's on purpose?

You won’t receive the monthly loyalty rewards as points. You will receive 10 points once a year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile. The $2 autopay reward is gone and you will receive 5% of your plan value in points. Referrals will still get you 1 point per month.

skate9001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public mobile for 5 years and had $5 off a month! Those points didn't show up in my account at all. Does anyone know if that's on purpose?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Nobody of customers Ever said it is 'better' than old monetary rewards system. ONLY PM will benefit...

I have not seen not one post prizing Points (unless they are affiliated with PM).

To get $15 credit if you are on $15 plan you would need 20 billing cycles to accumulate 15 points. After 12 months you will get 10 points so you can do calculation and it will be less than 20 months 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@karen_z you don't need to make extra purchases to get points.  5% points back will be given to your regular plan renewal 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@karen_z 

There is a complete thread on this debating about the switch to points:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the new Public Mobile. 🇨🇦

@karen_z wrote:

Can somebody justify how the new points system is better than the old system? I was saving $6 a month. So now my bill will go up by $6? How am I ever going to get to 15 point to get a $15 credit?  How much will I have to purchase to get the $15 credit? It seems like the points system is just a cash grab. 

It's not better.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@karen_z  You will get 5% points value on each bill, 10 points each year, and 1 point for each referral.  You can also earn points by participating in this community.  So  how long largely depends how much your bill is to get the 5% in points each time.

Need Help? Let's chat.