cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does suspending service via lost / stolen extend the 30 days of service?

watch_Dominion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Let's say I use up 15 days of my 30 days service and suspend my account for 15 days. When I resume, do I still have 15 days left to use?

6 REPLIES 6

@watch_Dominion wrote:

I see. So, if I need to stop my service while I'm out of the country, I should let it go into suspension due to non-payment instead, and resume when I'm back, yeah? Otherwise, I'm just paying for nothing while I'm away?

If you are only out of the country for 15 days, you don't need suspend your account, it doesn't make sense. But if you are out of the country more than one month, you should suspend your account, but remember if you want keep your phone number, you should resume your account before 90 days suspended. After suspended 90 days your account will be closed by PM and you will lose your phone number.

@watch_Dominion  In the case you’re going out of country you can turn off auto subscribe and leave you phone in suspended state  for no more then 90 days or the account will close . So on the 85 day you can log back in and make manual payment and  resume services again in same plan and phone number . 

Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1693331184864.png

Or if you know the 4 digit PIN number

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@watch_Dominion wrote:

Let's say I use up 15 days of my 30 days service and suspend my account for 15 days. When I resume, do I still have 15 days left to use?

Good question. But I don't think you can. Because PM service is 30 days period. You used up 15 days service and then you suspend your service for 15 days, so total is 30 days. And you need to pay for next 30 days service before the period is over or at renewable date.

watch_Dominion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see. So, if I need to stop my service while I'm out of the country, I should let it go into suspension due to non-payment instead, and resume when I'm back, yeah? Otherwise, I'm just paying for nothing while I'm away?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@watch_Dominion  No it just suspends so no one can use it if they find it . You will need to get a new physical sim card from Telus Koodo store . Call around first . Or  order from Amazon . Once you have new SIM card in hand you can go to your account profile page and SIM card swap the number to keep same plan and phone number 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1693330863964.png

@watch_Dominion wrote:

Using the report lost /stolen phone option doesn't give more plan days.  The plan days will continue to be used and in your example, your plan would expire.

Need Help? Let's chat.