cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently in the USA, ported my number, port was successful, but phone does not work

Chan4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I am currently in the USA. I ported my number to PM from Rogers. PM called me and confirmed the port was successful. But I have not had service since I ported it over. I don't have data, nor a phone line. I am also unable to submit a support ticket because I am getting a 404 ERROR. Who can assist me? I am at a dead end. 

9 REPLIES 9

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

There is another person visiting the US who posted yesterday and said they can't enable VoLTE and get a message to contact customer service. iPhones 8 and newer should have VoLTE enabled automatically and most don't even have a toggle for it, my 13 doesn't.  

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since your in the US it could be possible that to Activate the phone you need to be connected to PM network in canada first before you are able to use a can/us plan.

Just a thought don't know for sure.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chan4 - Contact CS_Agent here is the ChatBot ticket system does not work:

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

If you used your iPhone 14 with a different provider before, you may wish to reset your network settings then reboot. Just wondering, is there any way to try your SIM card in a different phone to see if it works? Of course following the previous advice?

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715303770021.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Chan4

iPhone 14. It won’t allow me to enable volte. Says to contact public mobile but I can’t open a support ticket bc their site is down 404 error 

What kind of phone do you have? Does it have VoLTE enabled?

Chan4

Thanks for the suggestions. Neither of the networks work. TMobile nor AT&T work. I have tried rebooting my phone, I have data roaming enabled, I turned off automatic suggestion network. Nothing seems to be working. I cannot call anyone, nor can I use the data. 

Can someone assist me with submitting a ticket? I continue to get a 404 ERROR

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Chan4 

you activated with eSIM??

you have enabled roaming in your phone?

please change network mode to 4G, and test manual connect to T-Mobile and AT&T, one of them should work 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Chan4 

First, turn on "Data Roaming". Next, go into Cellular Network Settings. Turn off Automatic. You'll have options like AT&T and T-Mobile. Depending on where you are, you can try both. Personally, I've always had success with T-Mobile. So choose them, then reboot the phone. That should work.

Need Help? Let's chat.