cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Billing!

RachelE
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been with Public Mobile for years and have referred a couple friends who are happy with the service. Unfortunately the billing is an absolute dog's breakfast and makes zero sense.

I have the very basic $15 plan, which they appear to translate as:
30-day plan $10
100 minutes $5
All good.

Then, according to the happy little texts, I have $2 off for autopay, $1 off for each of my 2 referrals, and $2 off for loyalty. The problem is, what they bill me every month is CONSISTENTLY 30% more. It's not a show-stopper, but it's annoying, and I not longer encourage people to join because I don't know what the costs are. There is zero explanation or documentation in my billing info. What am I missing?

48 REPLIES 48

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE $13.56 does not look right to me.

I think you should be getting charged $4 plus taxes. 

Are you seeing more than one credit card charge within a 30 day period ?

@RachelE 

follow what I said and let that $11 in rewards build up in your account. clearly it's an auto pay glitch and its stealing more money then it should. this is nothing new... definitely ask for that money back. show that screenshot and your bank statement to them

RachelE

I like your suggestion about manually paying each month!

@RachelE 

you also qualified for the $5 refer a friend reward. you should only be paying $4+tax

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Your credit card statement should show $10.17 for $9 service you have ($15-2-2-2).+ tax

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE 

No of course not but you can safely log into your rewards account to view your rewards. Just stay away from the Ready to join points box!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

RachelE

Not sure what I'm looking at here. It  isn't at all clear to me what they're taking from my credit card so I went to the card statement PM Bill.pngand it's $13.56 consistently.

RachelE

No way am I signing up for that. Virtually everyone is saying their charges went up as soon as they did. 🙂

@RachelE 

Please screenshot your "View Payment History" tab for the last 60 days so we can all view and follow along.

There'll be no personal or private information showing there and we'll be able to conclusively tell you if you have reason to contact the Customer Support Agents.

One more thing, when you search under your "My Rewards" and open up the information about your referred numbers, do the 2 referred numbers display on the pull-down list?  You should be able to view the last 4 digits of the persons whom you referred - if they're displaying, you should be getting the referral credits.   If either/any of them canceled, are in suspended state, or used the lost/stolen feature recently, you MAY NOT be getting credit for them.   

@RachelE - what does it list under your My Rewards account?  Showing under this section:

esjliv_0-1646581256925.png

RachelE

If I had reported any thing lost or stolen I would have mentioned that but there is virtually nothing untoward with my account. No missed payments, no cancellations, nothing.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE 

Your transaction history should look similar to this one minus the community rewards and the RAF bonus credit. How is yours different? Which rewards are you missing?

Screenshot_20220306-073118~2.png

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE  - according to your first post, I calculated the same as @HALIMACS :

Although you mention other special offers too.

Is this similar to your View Payment History below?

Available Balance as
in your self serve
Charged on credit card
 Credit (Payments)Debit (Charges)Balance 
100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$9.00$9.00 plus applicable taxes
30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$4.00 
Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$2.00 ($6.00) 
Reward - Refer-a-Friend ($1 per active friend) /Récompense - Référez-un-ami (1 $ par ami actif)$2.00 ($4.00) 
AutoPay Reward$2.00 ($2.00) 

Hypothetically, if you Available Funds before renewal is $0  $0.00 

If at one point you listed your phone in lost/stolen status, you may have not received your rewards as normal. This would mean you would need to submit a ticket to CSA to have them manually added for you.

If this happened at any point, and you can show screen shots, submit a ticket: Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

It is also possible that you were

But, first I would confirm your rewards.

Hold up @RachelE  & @gpixel 

Did you not say you had $2 auto-pay, $2 loyalty, + $2 referral reward (i.e. you referred 2 other customers who still have active services with Public Mobile?)

If so, and you're on the $15 plan, you should be paying NO MORE than $9 + tax every cycle.

To make sure you're receiving the credits for the referral rewards, check your transaction history for this line:

HALIMACS_0-1646579994167.png

To the right of this line, is $2.00 displaying in the "Credit (Payments)" column?

RachelE

There are actually those credits and many others credits showing (special offers etc.?), but I'm only concerned about the 3 I mentioned. Like you, that's the mount I feel I should be billed, but every month I am charged $12 plus tax. I guess they don't actually honour the advertised rebates. I'll pass that along to the people I have referred and they can make their own decisions.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE 

it's easier if one looks at the self serve account $ as credits and the money subtracted from one's bank as the amount it costs to apply those credits. each $1 credit costs the amount plus provincial taxes. 

in your case because you have $5(credit) in rewards, the remaining $10(credit) you need to purchase and apply to your account costs $10+tax

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE wrote:

I have the very basic $15 plan, which they appear to translate as:
30-day plan $10, 100 minutes $5
I have $2 off for autopay, $1 off for each of my 2 referrals, and $2 off for loyalty. The problem is, what they bill me every month is CONSISTENTLY 30% more. It's not a show-stopper, but it's annoying, and I not longer encourage people to join because I don't know what the costs are. There is zero explanation or documentation in my billing info. What am I missing?

OK @RachelE , so if you're on the $15 plan, and you have those credits, check your "View Payment History" to ensure the line items for auto-pay, referrals and loyalty are displaying there as credits.   You should also check which rewards were applied by looking under your "My Rewards" section (but be SURE NOT TO switch over to the new points rewards plan whatever you do).

You should be paying $9 + your local provincial tax rate each 30 days presuming your auto-pay is enabled, your referred friends have active services, and you have been with Public Mobile at least 2 years.   This should mean anywhere from $9.45 (if 5%) to $10.35 (if 15%)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE  -  the details are a bit unclear, I can agree.

Taxes are added to all plan renewals (so gets charged on credit cards/vouchers, but does not show in the history), are you taking that into affect?

Although, there is no 30% tax rate...

Do you have a screenshot of your View Payment History you can share?

Need Help? Let's chat.