cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm identity wrong number

Liberty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just registered with PM.  My phone works but I can't sign into the app. Confirming identity on sign in It attempts to send a code to a number that is not mine.  How do I fix? Is this a know issue

11 REPLIES 11

@Ragz were your with PM before? Any chance the number it tries to send is the old one? can you get into My Account now with Send Email option?

Ragz

I am having the same issue. Code is being send to a wrong number very fustrading.

@Liberty wrote:

Still no luck, support just says clear cache on browser.

Any other suggestions?  During the creating your profile it prompts to:

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.

A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to
phone number. We will need you to confirm this number.

I click "confirm for full access"

And this...

"You’re logging in from an unknown device

To confirm it's you, enter the 6-digit code sent to *******556"

This is not my new public mobile number. I receive no codes so I cannot complete logon !

There's no suggestions that will let you fix this yourself. The CSA needs to do it.  The CSA needs to change the phone number on your Eversafe account profile but make sure they don't change your real phone number.

@Liberty wrote:

Thanks, I just emailed the support you provided.  The email option not showing up.

That's because for first time logging in, the code has to be sent to the phone number.  The resend code trick only works after the first time.

Liberty

Just activated yes, phone works for calling and texting with the number I selected during setup.  Cannot complete logon as it txt a number that's not mine 

@Liberty 

you just activated?

I guess you can make outgoing calls

did you request porting in phone number from another provider? can you confirm if you can receive incoming calls on your PM sim card now?  

@Liberty wrote:

Tell them it is not caching, caching has nothing to do with you can receive 2FA on the phone or not.  Ask them to escalate.

Liberty

Any other suggestions?  During the creating your profile it prompts to:

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.

A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to
phone number. We will need you to confirm this number.

I click "confirm for full access"

And this...

"You’re logging in from an unknown device

To confirm it's you, enter the 6-digit code sent to *******556"

This is not my new public mobile number. I receive no codes so I cannot complete logon !

hi @Liberty 

Agent will reply quickly 

In the mean time, you cam also try trick to open up the 2FA to email option.  Some people try to reset the password.  Once reset, login with new password and try Resend code again and yje emol option might come up

Liberty

Thanks, I just emailed the support you provided.  The email option not showing up.

Liberty

Thanks, just tried a bunch of times but no email option.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Liberty  Tap resend code a few times you should get option for email instead . If still no dice submit ticket with support to help you regain access 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.