cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing between SIM Cards

thunder34
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what kind of delay I can expect while transferring between two public mobile SIM cards and whether the original SIM card will still be usable afterwards, (if I were to transfer back to it)?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

HI @thunder34 

unfortunately yes, same for esim

but physical sim is better, at least if you didn't change the sim, just changed the phone, you can move the sim from old phone to new

with esim, if you change phone, you need to pay another $5 for a new esim on the phone.

thunder34
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the speedy responses gents.  **bleep**, that sucks to hear that the old SIM will be garbage afterwards though,  does anyone know if the same holds true for E-SIMs?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Well, a while back I had to switch SIM's as we thought that was the issue. When I went into my account, I just updated the SIM card number, shut off my phone, inserted card and reboot. I was up running right away. 🙂

The old SIM card however, it will be DOA. In other words, it's the world's smallest paper weight. They can't be used again.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @thunder34 

sim cards can only be used once.  once you moved to another sim card, you can throw away the old one as it cannot be use for sim

sim card change is fast, usually within 5 mins.  if you login to My Account, and change the sim card there (enter new sim number), once submitted, log out and reboot once and twice and it should be good

Need Help? Let's chat.