Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US plan is here for everyone

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/activation/plans/40GB-4Gspeed

hTideGnow_0-1689360022461.png

.. it is showing in my area, so no longer Quebec only!!

62 REPLIES 62

HI @Shmankersox 

some people saying AT&T works, maybe next time you can test using AT&T instead of T-Mobile

Shmankersox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sometimes when roaming in the states, it has stopped working basically every time I changed location. All I had to do was restart the phone to get it to work again.

Annoying, I know, but have you tried turning it off and on again?

HI @Doug12 

are you in Alaska?

you turned on Roaming data on your phone?

@Doug12 

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile coverage and whether you can connect to T-Mobile network or not 

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select T-Mobile  (you can also try AT&T if T-Mobile is not connecting)

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and your have disabled your mobile data limter

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls goes through
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Doug12

I am currently in the US and was expecting seemless usage on this $50 plan. But my phone is not working. Cannot make calls, cannot recieve or send text with picture, and sporadic other issues. Can anyone help?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I was looking at something, You heard of that Mint Mobile, That Ryan Reynolds owned previously, They had Global Roam as well as Wi-Fi Call

Wished PM could be that Mint Mobile-Like Entity

HI @Laine2 

yes, that is a perfect plan for your usage

Laine2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is so good. I am thinking I can upgrade to this plan as we go to Florida for 6 months! Will this plan really work for me

@Yzeguy wrote:

You can also do 90 day options on most other plans but not this one currently as @makkahn28 @indicated 

This isn't the case. The majority of currently avaialble plans don't have 90-day options.

@Sun9988 wrote:

Isn't this plan billing cycle every month?

This is a 30-day plan.  Public Mobile doesn't have monthly plans.

@Yzeguy- In the context of this thread, no you can't. There are a couple other plans with a 90 day option but not this one.

Hi. Unfortunately, There is No 90 day

If you put $150 in advanced, Only way to simulate a 90 day, But, Right Now, No such thing as a 90 Day Cycle exists for the PM Client to choose, Only 30 Day

Yzeguy

You can also do 90 day options on most other plans but not this one currently as @makkahn28 @indicated 

Sun9988
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Isn't this plan billing cycle every month?

PM Plan 5.jpg

PM 5G Plan.jpg

  True, But Now with a 5G Version, This makes the Temptations even more harder to decide

@Yzeguy good find! I'm going to do the same for my upcoming change in the 13th.

Yzeguy

Of note, I set a plan change for my renewal (10th). It was a $50/40GB LTE Can-Us plan. When I looked today, they’ve changed the plan available to a $50/40GB 5G CAN-US plan (faster speeds). So I cancelled my plan change and resubscribed to ensure I get the faster speeds. 

Shmankersox

Maybe I wasn't clear, I was pointing out that the website functionally has been, in my experience, terrible, basically every time I've needed it. This is entirely separate from my complaint about content.

As for why I'm still here? Because it hasn't been completely impossible to get things sorted, it's just been an oversized pain every time. And apparently misplaced optimism that it won't happen again.

But this time specifically? Staying for the plan. I visit the states frequently enough. Also staying because I just don't have the time to hunt for something better, and who knows, maybe they'll finally get their sh*t together.

But just for the record, I couldn't even use my old community nickname today. I had to make a new one. Makes me wonder what's gonna happen next, my rewards gonna disappear?

Killer tech teams don't write website content. Marketers and lawyers do. I won't argue that they're doing a poor job though. 

As for being strategically misleading, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I do question why you'd still be here if it's that bad though 🤷

@Shmankersox- One would think. Yet here we are.

Shmankersox

One would think, with all the money they're saving by not having customer service call centers, they could afford to have a killer tech team to fix all the bugs... And yet basically every time I come back to manage my account there's some sort of problem, usually I can't even access my account for at least a day. I can't tell you how many times I've sworn I was going to bail on PM. If I were to go into detail about all the problems I can remember having with this company, we'd be here all day.

So it's hard not to make a face when you call it "high value", and I would say their marketing is pretty good.

There's totally incentive to keep customers confused, they have plausible deniability if I can't even see what I signed up for! Obviously I could see it before I signed up but the moment I clicked the button to schedule the plan change the details vanished. That never happened when I changed plans before. "Conspiracy"? No. Strategy.

I agree there are a lot of mistakes, but what would their end game being with not advertising the fact that the plan can be used in the US, for example? It's a great feature to attract people to the plan. There isn't some conspiracy going on, or whatever it is you think they are up to. They're just sloppy, as we've seen time and time again.

My guess is they have a single person on the Telus payroll that probably dedicates 20% of their time to PM website content, and beyond that they're working on Telus and Koodo content.

While I too find it mildly frustrating, I'd rather have high value plans for a low price and sloppy marketing over tight marketing and expensive plans.

@DennyCrane- So with all the non-stop "oversights" that never get fixed that lead customers into confusion and wondering what they pay for...not intentional. I beg to differ.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

There is zero incentive for PM to be intentionally misleading on this point. It's just an oversight, again. 

@Shmankersox 

Yes, with this plan, you do not need to by US roaming

don't think PM was hiding intentionally or trying to keep anyone in the dark.  

There is a post by another member addressing to Community Manager, and I think they will address it   

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Subscription-Overview/td-p/1023649

Shmankersox

I switched to this plan and now can't find the details in my account anywhere! Feels like PM is hiding it...

Just to confirm, this means I'll no longer need to buy add-ons when visiting the US?

IH@Doug12 

try a different browser and try with Incognito/private/secret mode

Also, did you get a text today about this plan? maybe the easier way to schedule it is to reply YES to the test

@Doug12  No live support but you can message them to confirm 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Doug12

It is when I am logged in to my account. I am Alberta Region and when I click on change plan the only $50 Canada and US plan it shows me has the 3 instead of the ++. When I go in as if I was a new subscriber it shows me the plan with the ++ but I cannot "change my plan" from there. I am finding this very frustrating when there is no person I can talk to at public to find out.

Need Help? Let's chat.