cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from USA

MS1000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have traveled to the US for work purposes and moved my plan to a $15 plan that doesn't have US calling. However, I was under the impression that I could receive calls from the US. Right now if I call my number, I get a message that the subscriber is not available or a similar message and it doesn't go to my voicemail.

Am I missing anything?

4 REPLIES 4

@MS1000 Maybe try putting your phone in airplane mode? It's possible it sees you connected to the network, but because it knows you don't have a roaming plan it blocks the call. It's possible that if you put it in airplane mode you might solve that issue (just a guess).

MS1000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I get that I cannot receive the call since I am in the USA and have no roaming, but the voicemail needs to kick in and record the message. The caller doesn't even get to the voicemail prompt at all.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

No, you cannot use roaming services without a roaming add-on or a Canada/US plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MS1000 

you are in US right now ? If so you need an add-on to call your Cdn number.

If you are in Canada, you can rec calls from anywhere on planet earth using your $15 plan...no additional charge for incoming calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.