Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,477 REPLIES 5,477

supercollider
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile was already starting to make me think about an alternative but this move cements it. This is a big betrayal so thanks for making that decision for me.

mahsere
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Look like time to move on after being a customer for almost over  10 years... Feel like the greed with those big companies getting crazy.. As a company ask yourself why people will stay using your company when others like pc mobile offer better deals.. Good bye forever 

RUSTY01

Hey PM!

You got 9 Bravos and 1,200 customer replies. Does that mean anything to you? 

mc60

The axing of this plan was a good opportunity to review what I need for my family and IoT devices. The competition is juicier than anticipated. 2 sims have been axed. 5 more will be ported out/axed once the the switch to public points go through, and several have been downgraded to lower price points after an opportunity to review usage. Thanks for the incentive Public Mobile!

I will then be evaluating whether the lack of key features and international roaming justifies paying the same price to PM vs fully featured competitors.

RUSTY01

I have over 80 referrals. I grinded my butt to get them. Friends, family, coworkers, etc. A lot of them are angry as I really ramped how good PMs loyalty was. Thanks PM! I appreciate that!  I'll be advising them to make CRTC complaint for Baiting and switching. You marketed the rewards on your sales pages. NOT COOL!

RUSTY01

Really? Per complaint? What if people made a bunch of fake accounts..  not sure that's true.

Baudzila

It is really sad to see the old rewards program go. I just hit my 5th year of loyalty and was hoping to benefit from that. It feels like PM doesn't value loyal customers, especially when most of the best new plans are only offered to new activations.

ger01

"provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards"

This is a straight up lie. I won't be "earning more" with this switch, rather I will be paying more!!! I will be screenshotting all these posts and filing a complaint. In the meantime, any suggestions on what to stream on 5G to use up this useless data "gift"? What would be better is if everyone coordinated to heavily stream their data at the same time... That said, the old provincial plan promo is still cheaper for me than any of the new plans that have been offered. Not sure what I'll do.

@edeepm wrote:

Cant believe this hasnt been reversed yet

They had lots of time to prepare and lots of work has already been processed in the backend. It would be very doubtful that they will reverse this change. No one here wants this, but we are just their customers. 

@Hollister 

the reason they reversed the decision was not because of criticism but more because Chatr and Lucky refused to follow, so, PM was the lone one to start the "trend" and they have no choice but to reverse

@Hollister wrote:

I’m late to the party in this thread. It is still not too late for PM to reverse course. Remember when they tried to roll out the Provincial plans a little while ago. They received so much criticism that they abandoned those plans.

LOL I started on the 2016 Fall Promo and it was a Provincial only plan as well with 12GB over 90 days for $140.  SO $40/4gb and Provincial calling.  Now I have the $34 50GB Can/US plan.  My cost has gone down $6 and my data has increased over 10X and I have Can and US usage.  PM has been a pretty good place for plans improving and cost decreasing

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@golfball wrote:

Oracles, you guys are the ones interacting with the other community users directly in this thread and the closest thing to a "PM representative" at this time. Just know that the frustration users are having is really caused by the actions of Public Mobile, and not you.

@golfball totally understand that, it is when we (Oracles) start getting called names.  Just tyring to keep a clean and informed thread happening

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oracles, you guys are the ones interacting with the other community users directly in this thread and the closest thing to a "PM representative" at this time. Just know that the frustration users are having is really caused by the actions of Public Mobile, and not you.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I’m late to the party in this thread. It is still not too late for PM to reverse course. Remember when they tried to roll out the Provincial plans a little while ago. They received so much criticism that they abandoned those plans.

ninjastar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Racist remarks? Over a phone plan? Bit of a stretch... 

inah_1305

same here. i just want to change my $34  to the $29 , but they couldnt do anything..

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Patrick_PM wrote:

🤔... I'm getting the impression folks prefer the old Rewards program over the Public Points™ program ... 🤣

It's clear that you save more $$$ on Legacy! 🤔 Who would buy a calling add on when you could just send an audio file internationally.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This sounds like obvious gaslighting to me, and pre-emptive wording used to justify purposefully shutting down the thread in the near future (to hide criticism and outrage), while having an excuse built-in and ready to go.

I've been following this thread very closely from the beginning; spending more time here than I'd like to admit. I've read every single comment, and have been refreshing the page very often. I'm sure there have been messages that I have missed (due to them being removed by mods before I could see them), but to say that it's "out of control" would be clearly untrue.

In order for something to be out of control, you'd have to not be able to control it. It appears to be very controlled, as even me, who has been here this much, has seen almost nothing in terms of what you're describing. In your own words, a "small number of users" have been doing this. This small number of users are clearly easily being controlled, or there would be more evidence of them causing chaos.

To me, it just sounds like you guys are getting ready to shut down the thread, due to being given your marching orders, and an excuse is needed. Because what you're describing is in no way the reality of this thread, and everyone can see that. 

stbFrmrPMcust

I put up with Telus network issues in my area because of the legacy rewards.  With this switch, will take my family lines elsewhere.

Patrick_PM

🤔... I'm getting the impression folks prefer the old Rewards program over the Public Points™ program ... 🤣

AngeloG

After many years of being with Pm and the decision being forced upon us, I have decided to end my service with Pm join Pc Mobile. 

EdN

Im in the process of submitting my third complaint, the first one regarding the points program mandatory migration, the second two regarding the conduct of the customer service reps

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Brian-PM wrote:

The rewards was what kept my 4 lines here for 7 years. I was not willing to leave and lose my rewards. I also accepted that there was minimum service and have to rely on the community when I have a problem for this discount. The competition prices seem to be similar, so I will be leaving as they all have an actually person I could talk to. 

Wait and file a CCTS complaint - $140 per complaint to the provider - even if it gets denied PM has to Pau the CCTS $140 per complaint (1600 complaints = $250,000 lost in complaints from customers.)

Bester30

You are 100 percent correct. The loyal customers helped build this company to what it is today. Very sad to see how they are treating the loyal customers.

Brian-PM

The rewards was what kept my 4 lines here for 7 years. I was not willing to leave and lose my rewards. I also accepted that there was minimum service and have to rely on the community when I have a problem for this discount. The competition prices seem to be similar, so I will be leaving as they all have an actually person I could talk to. 

EdN

Done and done 👍🏻

Bester30

It's absolutely ridiculous what they are doing. 

EdN

I think it's better to use your phone's IMEI rather than the account number 

Wootage

So sad to see Public Mobile axing their rewards program the way they are and just offering a whack of expiring data in lieu.  I was proud to recommend and be a Public Mobile subscriber for all these years because, unlike the other providers, they showed they actually valued their customer base.  The company differentiated itself by recognizing the value of customers staying loyal, referring others, and paying your bill on time every month.    

If I wanted to feel like an everyday unvalued customer, I could simply pick any of the other cel phone providers and have the same experience.

Will be migrating to PC-Mobile, party's over.

Need Help? Let's chat.