cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice calling while in usa not working.

KarenMiller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on t mobile network. I can text but voice calling fails after about a minute

13 REPLIES 13

@cannonman55 wrote:

2g didn't work either 

In this type of situation, changing the network type settings couldn't be of help. As the 2g network is the only one that can currently provide voice roaming service, you must have already been on it. Otherwise, you would not have been able to use the service to make or receive those phone calls for that first minute before disconnection.

cannonman55

2g didn't work either 

cannonman55

Mine or my girlfriends talk never worked either in September i got them to refund my money neither of us cold use talk

KarenMiller

only options are LTE and 3G under voice and data cellular settings.  I think we are going to live without voice calling.  We do have wifi for wifi telephone calling

@KarenMiller   there might be 2G network there according to 

https://www.gsma.com/coverage/#466

You don't really have to change to 2G , iphone should do it for you when you got a voice call or when you make the call

But for testing, you can force it on 2G by:

Select Settings.
Select Mobile Data.
Select Mobile Data Options.
Select Voice & Data.
To enable 2G, select 2G.

* you can change back to 4G after the test

KarenMiller

Phoenix. Not seeing where I can force 2G on an iPhone

@KarenMiller   PM use 3G for voice, but also works on T-Mobile's 2G network. Depends on where you are, there might be T-Mobile 2G network in your area. So, keep trying to connect to T-Mobile, if there is a 2G network there, your phone will switch for the voice call

But if there is no 2G and you need voice? there are still workarounds.  Download VoIP app like Textnow.  It can be used to make and receive calls whenever you have mobile data or Wifi. 

Yes I know. But people are having success with T-Mobile's still existing 2G GSM network that they let us use. But the coverage is not great. You might be finding that.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KarenMiller 

Where are you in the US? If you force your phone to the 2G network setting do get any signal bars? Try to make a phone call in this setting. Does the call still fail? Toggle airplane mode on/off and try again. This post will give you helpful info on US Roaming add on so you have a better understanding of the voice call issues and give you links to 2G network coverage maps via the T-mobile network.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

KarenMiller

Thats all okay but apparently the networks down here are not compatible with our 3G voice.  Saw that on another thread.  LTE means the data and text work but not voice

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you see your bars or indicators change when you make a call?

Did you review your payment history? Also click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down to see what the system might think you have.

Images are always helpful to see what you see. Don't show anything private.

KarenMiller

no.  just bought one ten day us talk/text/data.  two days ago  text and data are fine

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you buy another talk component while one was active? That's a known problem. Review or provide your payment history for the last couple weeks.

Need Help? Let's chat.