cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone calls

bethrideout
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

still unable to receive send calls but can text. I started with Public Mobile October 10, this should be fixed by now. I’m paying for a service I don’t have

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bethrideout 

Try rebooting your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks @dust2dust  for referring back to the old thread

@bethrideout   so, you have an iPhone?.  what network type setting it is set to? 

Which province and city you are at?  Did you try your phone in different area ?  I wonder if it is a local 3G network issue.

What iOS version is that?

Make sure your Carrier profile is up to date. 

You can also try a "Reset All network" and see if it works.  Please note doing so will delete your saved Wifi networks and you will need to rejoin them

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bethrideout   was phone call ever work?  It never work or just stop working today?

what kind of phone do you have? brand and model?

Can you test your PM sim card in another phone?

it is either your phone lacks the compatible bands on the 3G network (PM uses 3G for voice) or a 3G network issue in your area.

Can you connect to a wifi and go to settings general about and check for any updates. Is the phone registered to Apple?

bethrideout

iPhone 

Is this an iphone? Or Android?

bethrideout

Can browse web without wifi 

bethrideout

Can not make outgoing phone calls either

And call out and use cell data (not wifi)?

Did you leave the old sim in a phone and confirm the transfer text from the old provider?

bethrideout

I can send/receive text

@bethrideout wrote:

still unable to receive send calls but can text. I started with Public Mobile October 10, this should be fixed by now. I’m paying for a service I don’t have

I know that the question about number porting came up, but are you also saying that you can't make outgoing phone calls?  That wouldn't be related to numbe porting as outgonig phone calls would work immedeiately after activation even if a number port was requested.

bethrideout

Yes, I had my number carried over and followed all the instructions 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you pick a new number? Or did you transfer a number from a previous provider?

So run by this again...can you call out, can you call in, can you text out, can you text in, can you go to a web page with cell data and not on wifi.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bethrideout 

Did you port your old number from another carrier?

If you did, you are required to leave the old SIM in your phone and reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM?

If you missed this important step, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by private messaging above or create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot bottom of page.

Need Help? Let's chat.