cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to a 90-day subscription

ejpuedpm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there, long time lurker, first time poster 🙂

last month (in dec 2023), i used to see the option to change my current phone plan to a 90-day subscription.  not to change plans but just update my current one to a 90-day billing cycle.  i used to see it in the change subscription section of the app where u can see the other plans.

it is no longer coming up.  i have tried logging onto mobile web browser, app, and laptop.

does anyone have advice on where i can find this?

thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

Indeed @will13am , in that case certainly see why it wouldn't display.  🙂

@HALIMACS wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@ejpuedpm , it could be that you are not seeing the 90 day version of the plan you are currently on because of how the plan change tab only shows different plans that are available and excludes the current plan.  As a workaround, select any other plan and have that plan take effect on the new renewal cycle.  Then go back and attempt another plan change and hopefully you will see your actual current plan available for selection, select it and then you will be given an option for the 90 version.  

Mine showed / shows my current plan @will13am 

But I do have a sense what you said was once the case.

Does yours not display your current plan?

The plan I have never had a 90 day option and it was a promo, so no longer available.  My account is not a good data point here.  It was worth a try though.  

Keep an eye on the plan offerings in your self-serve page under the "Change Subscription" tab.

Public Mobile sometimes offers targeted offers for customers.   They also have 'specials' for periods of time.

You can also bookmark the Announcements section here, PM Announcements

ejpuedpm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you everyone for the replies (and pics!)

from what i am reading it may seem that perhaps the plan that i had switched to in dec had the 90-day sub offer at the time but no longer do.  i thought that i could switch to a 90-day option at any point in time.

i remember at the time trying to do both - switch plans and do the 90 day sub but it would only recognize one or the other so i switched plans with the idea of coming back once that plan kicks into place (ie billed once) to add the 90 day sub but seems like i missed out on my chance.  too bad, i guess, will just wait to see and hope a better plan (or same) will roll around *fingers crossed

@will13am wrote:

@ejpuedpm , it could be that you are not seeing the 90 day version of the plan you are currently on because of how the plan change tab only shows different plans that are available and excludes the current plan.  As a workaround, select any other plan and have that plan take effect on the new renewal cycle.  Then go back and attempt another plan change and hopefully you will see your actual current plan available for selection, select it and then you will be given an option for the 90 version.  

Mine showed / shows my current plan @will13am 

But I do have a sense what you said was once the case.

Does yours not display your current plan?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ejpuedpm 

When you are displaying ALL plans on your Change Subscription page, they will all display with the 30-day version.

Only the ones with the print, "Save $5/month with a 90-day subscription" below the plan are eligible for the 90-day plan option.

When you select one, you'll be given the option of either the 30 or the 90-day plan.

Mine looks like this, for reference:

HALIMACS_0-1706535530486.png

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@ejpuedpm   If you look in the "shop" section there are currently several plans with the 90 day option.  Not long ago there was only one.   Maybe check and see if any of those would suit you and then select it to change on renewal (not change immediately or you'll lose the rest of your current plan and it won't be pro-rated).

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ejpuedpm 

Which 30 day plan are you on presently?

Not all plans have the 90 day option.  Some plans are only offered for short periods of time.  Ie. Black Friday, Boxing day.  

The website can be finicky at times.  You can try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Maybe a different device also. 

Need Help? Let's chat.