cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

store locator doesn't work

guestwilliam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The store locator doesn't seem to be working. Is there a public mobile store close by to my location which is around 2250 Victoria Park Ave, North York, ON M1R 1V9? I'm interested in purchasing some SIM cards.

12 REPLIES 12

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could order them from https://canadiancellsupplies.com or Amazon.ca.  Canadian Cell Supplies offers local pickup.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@guestwilliam 

Walmart sometimes gives sims for free if you activate in store.

You can use your friend's referral and yours too if you bring a smartphone or laptop with you too access your account.

They will also help with porting numbers if needed 

Give them a call and ask, weekend is usually when they have it

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@guestwilliam as @LurganIeUk noted, best place near your area is Canadian Cell Supplies at discounted price.

They currently have a sale. Free SIM, free shipping and free activation.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@guestwilliam wrote:

The store locator doesn't seem to be working. Is there a public mobile store close by to my location which is around 2250 Victoria Park Ave, North York, ON M1R 1V9? I'm interested in purchasing some SIM cards.

Try these folks in North York. 

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

@guestwilliam 

Some authorized Koodo/Telus dealers also can activate PM accounts.  Need to be a bit careful though.  Some dealers will charge more than $10 for SIM card. Walmart, London drugs, Mobile shops (inside Superstore), Wow mobile are other dealers that usually charge the $10 for SIM cards.  Also, some Walmart/London drug reps may offer the SIM card for free if you activate in store.  YMMV.  

Koodo and PM are both part of Telus.  

I don't think Koodo and Telus will sell PM SIM.  At least I tried once before in a Telus store and they didn't have PM sim for me to buy

guestwilliam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

why do some results say for example Telus store/koodo shop on the map? Here's a screenshot Screenshot 2021-03-14 134804.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@guestwilliam wrote:

@guestwilliam you are right that link for the store locator is hit and miss...this one you are talking about right? https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

But I can get it to work in incognito mode most of the time. Clear your browser's cache and use another browser with it, you should have better luck.

EDIT: it just opened up in Safari for me, and worked well.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@guestwilliam , it seems like the store locator is broken at the moment when using postal code or address.  I found that letting the location services work on the browser gave me locations nearby.  I was able to type the city and get locations as well.  

@will13am It really YMMV, I did buy SIM only no activation from them before  🙂

@softech wrote:

Try a Walmart around you.  Some Walmart will give you free SIM and help you to activate as well.  Also, you can try Loblaws  🙂

Walmarts are also known to not sell SIM cards to customers if they don't want/need to do in store activation.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Try a Walmart around you.  Some Walmart will give you free SIM and help you to activate as well.  Also, you can try Loblaws  🙂

If you don't want to go physically and if you have Amazon Prime, you can order there for Prime delivery.

Please note if you order from PM directly online, it can be as many as 3 weeks

Need Help? Let's chat.