cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old SIM not valid can i still get my old phone number back?

Kris12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went traveling for 6 months and thought i had subscribed to a basic plan that would let me keep my number, but It didn't go through and now my old SIM is not recognized as valid. I need that number for a number of secondary ID verification . How could I get that number again?

14 REPLIES 14

Kris12

well it looks like I should have ordered a physical SIM because I can't download the app because I need the secondary verification to my old number in order to download an app through the apple app store, which is the main reason I'm here. wish i would have known I needed an app to use the eSIM

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kris12 It really depends on your phone.  If it supports esim, then either should work.  Benefit to esim is that you won't have to wait for delivery.  It sounded like they had some issues provisioning initially, hopefully PM has worked out the kinks with esim provisioning now.

Priority

e-SIM should work just fine with either Public or Telus.

No guarantees Telus, Koodo or Public will be able to get the number back for you though.. I've tried in the past and it's such an impossible task. 

Priority

It's hard to get a Number back, I tried this last year with a 587-432 number, which is not in service and currently still sitting in a pool of numbers somewhere.. I tried everything I could with Bell, Virgin, and Lucky in attempts to try and get it back since that's who owns the number and regardless of who it was, they were not able to pick a custom number and assign it to me, it must show up in the pool. 

I doubt it's any different with Public. 

Kris12

one more question do you know if an eSim will work for this or should I get a physical one?

pmbc

@Kris12 yes you'd need a new PM SIM and account, not Telus.

Kris12

Do I need a new PM SIM and Account? Not a telus SIM?

Kris12

the payment would have failed 6 months ago so yes far beyond the 90 days...

The number belongs to Telus Mobility so you stand a chance. You'll need a new sim and set up a new account and then ask support to see if they can get your old number back. I can't guarantee this obviously.

pmbc

@Kris12  if you've been away for 6 months do you know when the payment failed?  PM suspends the account for 90 days and after 90 days deletes the account.  If your account has exceeded the 90 days you might be out of luck to get your old number back.

Kris12

When I call the number it says it is not in service. the first 6 numbers are 778674

If you call your old number does anyone answer?
Can you share with us the first 6 digits of the number.

Kris12

No it says its not a recognizable number

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kris12 if you call 1.855.4PUBLIC, enter 1 for English and then your number, does the system recognize your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.