cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost data?

D2le
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i was msg'd that my data was 75% used and 2 minutes later I was meg'd telling me I was 95% used.  This has happened before, what gives, who can I call to correct this?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@D2le wrote:

and what if the data wasn't used but they think it was?

@D2le PM meters the data at the back-end and it is rather reliabile.  Usually when people think they haven't used their data, it turns out they were incorrect.  I'm not an iPhone expert so I can't tell you for sure what *could* be using up your data without you knowing but I would be very surprised if it wasn't actually used by some rogue/stuck process in the background.  You could reach out the to the moderator team for assistance (instructions below); if you do so, please note that right now they are extremely backlogged due to a barrage of system issues stemming from system maintenance this past weekend, so it will definitely take some time to hear back.  Please be patient, they will get to your request when they can (first come, first serve), and there is no need to send more than 1 private message until you've heard back from them (sending additional would exacerbate the backlog for all).

Here's the details for contacting them:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

D2le

and what if the data wasn't used but they think it was?

mimmo

@D2le when the data add-on is used up it dissapears from your account. 

D2le

the PM account usually shows my usage but now shows nothing.  I have wifi only toggled on and there are only a few apps using very little data.  Cellular Data is not enabled when wifi signal is weak.

CherylKirby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks very much!

anya

Hi @D2le does the usage in your usage in your PM self serve account show you have used it up? On an iPhone you can see which apps have consumed cellular data in: settings > Cellular Data. Scroll down the apps. Also check if wifi assist enabled...that can cause you to unknowingly use up cellular data because it will automatically switch to a cellular connection if the wifi signal is poor.

D2le

all apps are off for data except 2 and I am on wifi so no data should be consumed

D2le

i have data off for apps and updates off as well.  I and am home using wifi so no data should be used.  I burned 25% of my data in 20 minutes...not possible and this has happened before.  I have an Iphone 5C

anya

Hi @CherylKirby Data Witness is an app. It is not a PM product. Is your phone an Android? You would need to download and install it from Google Play. Details on it and where to download from are here; (note the post mentions that you may be able to get it free as a PM user.)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-And...

CherylKirby

Techno idiot here, but I am following this trying to understand how I can keep tabs on the amount of data I have used. Is "data witness" an app or is it part of PM? I can't find anything when I search here. TIA

Yisheng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Android and iOS all have settings which to block each individual app not use mobile data in back end(even in front end).

In 'Setting'->'Data usage' you can see which app use how much data, and also you can set which app can use mobile data.

mimmo

@D2le look at your phones data usage. I am sure there is something there that are it up ie software update or background usage (videos from Facebook Instagram etc). You might get some goodwill from the mods but it's up to you to control how you use your data.

I recommend data witness pm on Android or my data monitor apple and Android

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

There is no call centre with Public Mobile.  

Likely need to PM one of the moderators.  They are usually very helpful and can help with technical concerns.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.