cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone can't send SMS/MMS texting, unable to figure out the issue

xgbsss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am trying to help a friend with an iPhone 12 switch over to PM. We are having troubles with it.

We successfully ported over service and have calling and data, but no SMS, MMS to android devices. iMessage is working (but that's because it is utilizing data).

The text messages show as sent and no error seen. But the receipient does not receive the text. Conversely, an android user texting, the message does not show on the iPhone

We have tried resetting networking settings. The Cellular Data, we can only change the "Personal Hotspot" settings. This was changed from isp.mb.ca to sp.mb.ca. The only thing I can see is that that phone number in iMessage is taking forever to verify. Send as SMS and MMS Messaging are activated. A physical sim card is being utilized. Another thought was to try installing an eSim instead.

I'm out of ideas and have looked extensively online. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

21 REPLIES 21

Sol2

I tried this as well. No joy. I wish somebody had a solution for me. CS is very nice but unable to help. They say they are waiting for the tech team to do something and thats its a known issue. Some have had this issue for weeks but most it looks like since last wednesday.

KingOfTown
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CS didn't say what they did. If I had to guess, I'd say they probably re-ran their steps to acruvate the number. 

Gertz52

Do you know what they on their end? I just tried this and still no luck. 

KingOfTown

We have it fixed as of 15 minutes ago. CS said that they made some changes on on their end. They said to turn off the phone for 5 minutes (we left it off for 10) and reset network settings again. SMS is now working. Next, we have to get iMessage and Facetime to verify the phone number but my guess is that we'll be able to do that now that we have SMS back. 

Gertz52

I’ve had the exact same issue since Thursday last week. Opened a ticket they said it would be investigated and nothing has happened since. They had me switch from physical sim to eSIM and that didnt work either. Seems like they’re ok taking in more customers before they fix the issue on all new port ins 

Sol2

Same problem. CS says its an ongoing issue and that they are working to resolve it but have no timeframe. Meanwhile the person I referred is trying to do business without SMS and probably cursing why he ever listened to me.

xgbsss

Using physical Sim

TwitchyPuppy

Do you happen to have a link to where they're acknowledging said issue?

Port-in? And oh crap, it's been since Sunday for me (so a day now). I won't hold my breath, then 🤣

TwitchyPuppy

I can't speak for others, but I'm using one.

Thing is, I even purchased and redownloaded an eSIM twice, because I thought it was the issue.

TwitchyPuppy

So far, I noticed the common denominator to be port-in numbers. I'm also experiencing that issue.. 5G works well, but that's it. No sms, no calls and no iMessage.

KingOfTown

Same problem here. Porting my S20+ went perfectly. Then I did the same for my wife, who is using an iPhone 12. She has data and voice but no SMS. iMessage works for other Apple devices but we can't text each other - no error message, it just doesn't go through. We also tried the steps you listed and have a ticket open with CS. I hope they can resolve it soon or she'll have to move back to Bell.  Given all of the sms-related threads, there must be something bigger going on. 

ErfanCA

having same issue, transferred from bell , sent a ticket 2 days ago, no response, sent a prvate massage today, i did not think something basic as SMS/MMS is crippled by the big three in budget brand like PM to force people to use big three. just wow.

kalsdjfisapfkdf

Support was very quick getting back. Within a few minutes, sms/mms is working for me.  

kalsdjfisapfkdf

Thanks! I submitted a ticket, but will do that as well.

@kalsdjfisapfkdf 

I recommend you do the same as I suggested to OP...use the link to message Customer Support. Give them as much account info as you can...ie: ph #, acct #, name on acct, PM pin #.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kalsdjfisapfkdf

Are most people having issues here using eSIM?

xgbsss

Thanks guys, we just sent in a ticket and hopefully this will get resolved! I'm just glad it seems to be systemic! We'll be patient for now. My friend will use iMessage and apps for the time being.

kalsdjfisapfkdf

I also switched to PM last week. Been over 3 days and no sms/mms. (No iMessage for me either) 
Seems like we're in a similar situation. 

(Posting to follow this thread)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@xgbsss 

PM has been experiencing a problem for the last coupla days that affects users who've recently ported in to PM ...they're having problems with SMS now. Click on the orange bubble on lower right isde of page to sstart process of Customer Support.

aadded...if that doesn't work, use this link to message Customer Support..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JB_8992

I am having the same issue but with a google pixel 6a. I submitted a ticket with support for it, someone else with the same problem on Saturday said support got back to them today and was able to reset the network on their end and get it to start working after a few minutes. Using eSim wouldn't help because that is what I am using with the same problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.