cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a ticket

Ethan09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sim card is not working, asked for a number transfer and got a message from old provider and followed the steps, nothing seems to work. Help I need my phone! 

5 REPLIES 5

Tim_oh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

with mine i inserted the pm sim and transferred my number then had to remove sim and put in the old one and reply to that message via text and it took about 30 mins to work after i installed my new pm sim. i had to restart my phone as well, but it was not an easy process 

@Ethan09   Have you tried restarting the phone with the PM sim card in it (assuming this is a physical sim card and not esim?).   How long is it since you replied YES with the old provider sim card?

Ethan09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did answer yes within the time frame, old provider canceled my account and still nothing works for Public mobile

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ethan09 

Though it might be inferred, are you moving services to public mobile or out of public mobile?

If to public mobile, did you use the public mobile app for the activation and did you respond yes to the port authorization text with your old provider SIM card in place?

You would have needed to do that within 90 minutes of getting that text in order for the number to be moved from one provider to another.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ethan09 

use this link to message Customer Support...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

Need Help? Let's chat.